MedTech Key Account Manager
The MedTech Key Account Manager will be responsible to develop and maintain multiple stakeholder relationships within each account, and by leveraging IQVIA’s solutions to add value and identify new business opportunities and ultimately grow revenue.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing customers.
• Actively network in the MedTech industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account, ensuring the appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer and results are monitored.
• Lead the sales process and leverage regional and global subject-matter experts as required.
• Coordinate with various internal stakeholders to develop/ensure the development of proposals, and handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Effectively establishes and grows business-critical relationships with multiple stakeholders (typically business intelligence, marketing, sales management at a senior to executive level) within assigned accounts.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive body of knowledge of the the client's business evolution, portfolio, policies, markets, financial performance, buying processes and overall operational dynamics.
• Understands the key current and future priorites of the client to achieve or exceed the assigned revenue and growth goals in assigned accounts.
• Based on long-term partnership with client, acts as a knowledgeable advisor on marketing, market research, sales management, industry issues, trends and IQVIA product, consulting and service capabilities.
• Anticipates clients’ needs and, in collaboration with IQVIA consulting and other enabling departments, develops and presents proposed solutions to client's complex business issues.
• Identifies and leads the pursuit of the targeted new business and contract expansion opportunities within assigned accounts.
• Represents the company to the client and the client to the company in all sales related activities.
• Monitors client satisfaction with all deliverables and works with Consulting, the Client Service Management, Query Resolution Management and other enabling departments to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Effectively manages all contract subscription, renewals and all negotiations (based on a proactive contract strategy) to maintain sustainable account partnerships.
• Proactively works with global and regional account management in the pursuit of multi-country opportunities.
• Remains sensitive to IQVIA’s competitors’ activities and suggests counter strategies.
• Monitors, analyzes and reports on business (assigned accounts) performances.
• Accurately manages internal CRM requirements and provides weekly input on committed, and potential opportunities.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Typically requires 5+ years of prior relevant MedTech industry experience, ideally in multiple roles such as Sales (required), Account Management (preferred), Business Development (preferred), Marketing (preferred) and Business Operations/Analytics (preferred).
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree advantageous.
Skills and Abilities
• Industry knowledge Understanding of the nuances of the South African MedTech and healthcare sector
• Emotional intelligence: Connect with and effectively manage all client and internal engagements
• Problem solving and analytical: Basic analytical ability to assess challenges and provide solutions
• Collaborative: Works well with others to proactively meet client needs and drive success
• Action and deadline orientated: Operates with a sense of urgency in a deadline-orientated environment
• Learnability: Strong ability to expand their knowledge base and continuously grow
• Attention to detail: Detail-orientated, but not at the cost of slowing down progress
• Strong communicator: Articulate an ability to effectively express themselves
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network