Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position at IQVIA in the Asia Pacific offers people with strong qualifications and proven experience in Pharmacy, Medical Science or Medicine to demonstrate their well-developed clinical knowledge to support the effective use of innovative medicines and new clinical therapies. IQVIA MSLs will work with some of the most innovative MNCs in Asia Pacific, while at the same time, enjoying the benefits of working for, and the support of, a company internationally renowned for being a great place to work and a leader in delivering on the promise of The New Health.
The Medical Science Liaison functions as a field-based member of the Medical Department. MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with a strong clinical and scientific background. MSLs are expected to facilitate and enhance the development and recognition of company products through communicating product related scientific information to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the specific therapeutic are or device segment they are supporting. Meanwhile, MSL are expected to provide strong scientific intelligence and supporting to internal customers e.g. the sales, MKT and central MED etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, renew, cultivate and maintain professional relationships with local/regional KOLs
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange with ability to understand, interpret, communicate complex scientific data and information effectively to KOLs/HCPs
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Contribute to publication planning, development of medical education material, internal scientific training to sales force, etc.
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences effectively, including Physicians, Pharmacists, nurses, etc.
- Collect and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Has an in depth knowledge of current pharmaceutical industry code of practice for Ethical Conduct the promotion of Medical Products
- The Medical Science Liaison ensures that all Medical Affairs applicable regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with the country/region he/she is responsible for
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area
- Influence product reimbursement activities post-launch by getting the drug/device on the Hospital formularies and Essential drug lists according to Country level regulations
- Respond to incoming off-label queries in compliance with health regulations and medical ethics codes
- Engage in pre-launch and launch activities like CMEs, Though leader / KOL development
- Candidates with a terminal Clinical/Science degrees e.g. MSc, PhD or MD degree will be considered
- Prior MSL or Field-based Medical experience of 1-2 years preferred, Therapeutic area Oncology / Neurology experience preferred.
- Effective communicator (written and presentation) with good interpersonal skills and experience of developing and delivering presentations
- Must excel at working independently and in cross-functional teams candidates with a self-starter attitude strongly preferred
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network