Statistician II, Patient Centered Solutions
IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial, and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Statistician 2 you will provide day to day statistical expertise, under broad guidance, to the project team to achieve client expectations through the development, implementation, and delivery of statistical analysis services.
- Participates in statistical and psychometric analysis projects or workstreams and directly contribute to achievement of project deliverables.
- Writes analysis plans, including development of table shells.
- Performs statistical/psychometric analysis, including SAS programming to create statistical outputs (e.g., tables, listings, figures) for projects with moderate scope.
- Assists with the interpretation of results and explain statistical/psychometric methodology.
- Interacts and interfaces with internal project team when communicating the statistical/psychometric analysis results.
- Writes statistical/psychometric reports, technical reports, study reports presentations. Assists with development of abstracts and manuscripts.
- Works on projects where independent judgment is used within generally defined procedures and practices.
- Supports proposal writing and business development activities.
- Maintains proficiency of skills and knowledge and remain current with industry trends based current literature, application of new technology, attendance at professional meetings, etc.
Essential Experience, Skills and Education Required
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or Ph. D in Statistics, Psychometrics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Bio-informatics or a closely related field
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in biostatistics, psychometrics, applied statistics, or data modelling, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years of experience with programming in SAS or R, SPSS or familiarity with implementation of statistical design and analytic methodology in other software
- Moderate knowledge of psychometric analysis methods such as Classical Test Theory (CTT), Item Response Theory (IRT), Item Factor Analysis (iFA), Exploratory and Confirmatory models, Structural Equation Modelling, etc.
- Moderate knowledge of complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials (multivariate analysis, regression analysis, logistic analysis, survival analysis, mixed models repeated measures, etc).
- Strong computer skills, including Statistical programs (SAS, SPSS or R) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information to teams with excellent attention and accuracy to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong individual initiative, organizational skills, and strong commitment to quality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- A willingness and ability to travel.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network