Consultant, Epidemiology and Drug Safety
Location: Durham, North Carolina; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Falls Church, Virginia; Jersey City, New Jersey; New York, New York; Parsippany, New Jersey
Build a rewarding career in life sciences consulting and forge your own path. Partner with collaborative teams and leaders across unique projects and geographies, delivering innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems along the way. Working at IQVIA means changing outcomes for patients one data set, product offering, and innovative solution at a time.
As a Consultant at IQVIA, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career and explore opportunities in brand and integrated research solutions, go-to-market strategy, commercial excellence, real world data, financial investor consulting, and more.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes a Consultant at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“I joined IQVIA after graduating from university and am grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to pursue over the last four years. I’ve had the chance to work with inspiring managers who have supported me with both professional and personal development. I am thrilled to move forward in my career at IQVIA!”Arthur, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“I simultaneously work on a number of customer-commissioned projects in multiple therapeutic areas using various primary research methodologies. This variety is what makes my role at IQVIA so interesting. It allows me to learn from my colleagues and customers alike and helps me to understand how the work we do supports the improvement of patient care.”Julia, Senior Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“Working at IQVIA as a consultant has given me the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience across multiple disease areas and at different stages of the product lifecycle. This has supported my career development and accelerated my growth. If you enjoy learning new things and working on global projects, you will definitely enjoy working at IQVIA.”Kevin, Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“One of the things I like most about working at IQVIA is the supportive environment that helps you achieve your full potential.”Ana, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“Working in healthcare consulting is inspiring! I am glad to be part of a close community that brings together diverse experiences and critical thinkers to help our customers move treatments forward that can change patients’ lives.”Jose, Principal, Consulting Services
Environments that advance your skillset
Clear pathways to success
Work in distinctive areas of expertise
Projects that solve complex problems in new ways
Teams that work together to achieve one common goal
Programs to help build knowledge and gain skills
Consultant, Epidemiology and Drug Safety
We are expanding IQVIA's Epidemiology and Drug Safety team and are seeking outstanding additions.
About Our Team
The Epidemiology and Drug Safety practice at IQVIA is a fast-growing component of the Medical/Scientific division. With direct access to the world’s most comprehensive data, analytic and consulting/research resources, the team specializes in helping clients to address scientific questions including: disease burden, natural history, product safety and risk management, drug utilization, treatment patterns, and validation studies. Our clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device manufacturers. We offer a flexible, diverse, and dynamic work environment with a multidisciplinary team of researchers with backgrounds in epidemiology, pharmacovigilance, and health services research.
Overview of the Role
Consultants and Senior Consultants help develop, design, and deliver high quality epidemiology and drug safety projects and research studies. Consultants/Senior Consultants work with other team members such as Principals, Associate Principals, and Consultants on each project and will work across multiple projects. Assignments range in complexity from performing literature reviews to developing study protocols and ensuring data quality and scientific rigor across all facets of epidemiology projects. Contributions to the development of best practices in epidemiology and observational research; participation as co-author in manuscripts; and mentoring more junior team members are encouraged. Occasional travel may be required. In addition, the Senior Consultant has explicit recognition as a senior team member and responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects or components of projects. The Senior Consultant will play a role in business development and will have responsibility for mentoring more junior staff.
- Assist with design and implementation of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and drug safety studies and other related research projects. Senior consultants may serve as the lead.
- Contribute to the development of high quality proposals for new projects.
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including literature reviews, protocols, statistical analysis plans, reviews of results, study reports, abstracts, manuscripts and slide decks, as appropriate.
- Support senior staff on specific research initiatives as needed.
- Contribute to the development of best practices in epidemiology and observational research and other internal initiatives to share information and build capacity.
- Assist with overall project management and client management.
- Lead the delivery of defined work-streams within specific projects.
- Provide coaching and direction to more junior team members assigned to engagement(s), as appropriate.
- Knowledge of epidemiology methods and concepts, ideally with a master’s or doctoral degree in epidemiology, health services research, or relevant related discipline.
- Work experience in related area such as pharmacoepidemiology, epidemiology, or health services research, ideally with at least 2-3 years (4-5 years for Senior Consultant) experience in applied health research or consulting environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Self-starter, ability to work individually in addition to collaboratively
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network