Sr. Project Leader for the Oncology team
Come and join our Oncology team!
Regarding the role...
Senior Project Leads are an integral part of clinical trial delivery, liaising with clinical teams to improve patients’ lives by bringing new drugs to the market faster. The Senior Project Lead is an essential member of the core project team leading the team and responsible for project delivery of clinical studies to meet contractual requirements in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. Clinical Project Management is focused on project delivery, productivity and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction. Clinical Project leads run their own studies. The Senior Project Lead focus is on leveraging therapeutic expertise and IQVIA’s suite of solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers.
• Participate in bid defense preparations. Lead bid defense presentations in partnership with Business Development for, multiple service, multiple country and/or multi regional studies. Understand project strategy and operationalise the agreed upon approach.
• Accountable for the strategic planning and execution of clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
• Set objectives of the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance.
• Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Monitor progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally.
• Responsible for delivery and management of medium to large sized, multiple and full service, multi regional studies.
• Serve as primary project contact with customer and own relationship with the project’s key customer contact(s)
• Build the cross-functional project team and lead their efforts, responsible for managing cross-collaboration of the core team and for overall project delivery to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.;
• Ensure the financial success of the project.
• Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to bring revenue forward.
• Provide input to line managers of their project team members’ performance relative to project tasks. Support staff development.
• Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects to support their professional development.
• Bachelor's Degree Life sciences or related field Req
• Requires greater than 7 years clinical research experience including 4 years project management experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Requires advanced knowledge in Oncology-Hematology (Cell and Gene Therapies, First in Human and Pediatric Oncology, among others), and broad knowledge of other related job areas, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.;
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements i.e. ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct. Broad protocol knowledge, therapeutic knowledge desired. Good understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions.;
• Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language. Strong presentation skills.
• Leadership - Ability to make decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results.
• Finances - Good understanding of project financials including experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network