Global SAM Line Manager - Home Based
Direct Site Management operations for a designated (sub-) region or a defined function within the (sub-) region. Develop plans to ensure the allocation of human, material, system and fiscal resources for assigned area of accountability. Determine strategic goals and objectives for designated (sub-) region and/or function ensuring operational alignment with senior management priorities. Lead (sub)-regional and/or functional strategic initiatives and work with senior management across disciplines to develop implementation plans.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• appraising performance and guiding professional development
• rewarding and disciplining employees
• addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters. Direct the hiring and selection process for a function/ (sub-) region or office and work collaboratively with senior management to set targets for recruitment and retention across roles. Contribute to the formulation of effective strategic goals for Site Activation operations across (sub-) regions. Take ownership for strategic initiatives within assigned unit of accountability including development of measures for success. Provide leadership to ensure service offerings meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure the improvement of the execution of Site Activation processes. Manage operational delivery to achieve outputs to pre-defined targets. Contribute to the provision of strategic leadership and approval for the resourcing process and outcomes, hiring targets and processes and onboarding and training standards. Provide a leadership role in resourcing process through continual evaluation of existing and future resource alternatives, pro-active planning and collaboration with Site Activation leadership and operational peers. Evaluate regional/functional workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings. Collaborate with senior management and other functional leadership to improve efficiencies, project outcomes and quality metrics for Site Activation projects. Act as a coach and mentor for managers as they develop in their role. Work collaboratively with client representatives and other functional (site management) leadership to manage project related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service. Pro-actively plan for appropriate Site Activation operations budget consumption and guide line managers in managing variances and in developing corrective fiscal action plans. Effectively communicate and describe all Site Activation service offerings to internal and external customers. Ensure quality and regulatory appropriateness and acceptance of all service offerings. Lead corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives. Act as a client liaison for Site Activation function.
• Healthcare bachelor's degree or other scientific discipline
• 12 years of clinical trials experience including 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity, a broad understanding of general management practices desirable. (Equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
• English advanced.
• Full knowledge of the drug development process
• Full knowledge of applicable International and national regulatory requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and company’s Corporate Standards
• Strong knowledge of budget management and resourcing
• Considerable working knowledge of medical terminology
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent negotiating and customer service skills
• Ability to lead and motivate teams
• Ability to independently coordinate and manage new processes
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize tasks
• Ability to work within a matrix team environment
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network