Edit copy for a wide range of materials to agreed style and specifications. Check all stages of printed/digital materials from initial layouts to printers' proofs/final digital format.
• Edit copy for a wide range of materials to agreed style and specifications. Copyedit for clarity, consistency, syntax, grammar, and sponsor preferences, if applicable.
• Collaborate with project management teams to effectively manage the progression of assigned projects from the initial copy stage to the final design stage as necessary, liaising with internal departments/external suppliers as needed.
• Exercise good interpersonal/communication skills for effective and professional liaison with internal teams and other key stakeholders to obtain comprehensive briefs and responses to queries.
• Proofread materials (in various file formats) to agreed timelines.
• Identify and electronically mark up any corrections/discrepancies to materials as necessary to agreed timelines.
• Manage amends by liaising with internal or external stakeholders, checking that amends have been implemented correctly on revised materials, and finalizing files as necessary.
• Check all stages of printed/digital materials from initial layouts to printers' proofs/final digital format, liaising with design teams and reviewing the incorporation of external stakeholder comments as required.
• Follow all company standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as industry regulations, departmental guidance and quality control measures to meet industry standards and client expectations.
• Life science degree preferred but not essential requirement.
• Typically requires minimum of 1-2 years of prior relevant experience in a medical communications or publishing environment (required).
• r equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Good computer skills, including MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet and reference management programs.
• Familiarity with publication planning databases an advantage.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Excellent command of English language and attention to detail.
• Eye for design and layout.
• Good copy-editing and proofreading skills.
• Knowledge of standard copy-editing/proof correction marks.
• Familiarity with standard scientific copy preparation/styling conventions.
• Sufficient knowledge of life science for critical review of copy.
• Demonstrated ability in briefing typesetters and designers.
• Knowledge of print production procedures.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively.
• Ability to work to tight timelines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers.
• Budgetary awareness/ability to assist with hours estimates for projects.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network