Clinical Project Management Director
Direct and manage an assigned Clinical Project Management staff, who manage or support complex studies and/or programs to ensure delivery, time and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction. Manage direct reports and/or specific accounts/portfolios and teams in accordance with organization's policies, applicable regulations and strategic decisions. Ensure direct report employees are fully trained, individual development is aligned and in place to meet project and organizational needs. Able to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters;
- Work with individual staff to make sure all study management and project deliverables are completed as per the contract, to achieve quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. As their first point of contact, provide effective and timely consultation/guidance to employees on issue resolution;
- Coach and mentor employees around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to ensure global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees;
- Obtain and provide regular feedback to employees from other project team members and key stakeholders to assist in personal and professional development. May attend project team meeting in order to support development needs. Identify skill and competency gaps at the individual level and work to craft development plans that will close the gaps;
- Ensure direct reports demonstrate working knowledge of EAC, baseline and change control in terms of scope, budget, schedule and risk/issue management;
- Train the Project Lead management team on process and procedures. Ensure required trainings are completed on time;
- Complete and discuss the Project Lead competency framework with each direct report;
- Actively engage with the review of project performance dashboard for tracked information. Follow up with direct reports to ensure system and metrics compliance;
- Review metrics and ensure required updates are made in IQVIA systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting is available to senior management;
- • Proactively manage risks linked to resourcing, project and/or individual needs with other management and leadership team members to manage study issues and obstacles;
- Work with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation;
- Provide technical expertise and/or clinical project management experience to assigned staff for training and process improvement efforts;
- Lead and/or actively participate in corporate initiatives, act as a departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent, provide technical expertise and project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in life sciences or related field required Req.;
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead teams, as well as the ability to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals;
- Requires 12 years of prior relevant experience, including substantial project management or relevant functional experience;
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Knowledge of clinical trials - In depth knowledge and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines;
- Knowledge of clinical trials - Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry and the relevant environments in which it operates;
- People Management - Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction, delegates work appropriately and fairly motivates and empowers others, monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high caliber;
- People Management - Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues;
- Collaboration - Ability to work across cultures and geographies with a high awareness and understanding of cultural differences;
- Collaboration - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients;
- Leadership - Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Leadership - Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal stakeholders and customers as well as negotiate solutions;
- Leadership - Good judgment and decision making skills;
- Organization - Strong presentation skills;
- Organization - Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Organization - Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
- Organization - Strong understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Support Units;
- Communication - Excellent communication skills, including good command of English language;
- Results Oriented - Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics;
- IT Skills - Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
- IQVIA Core Competencies - Ability to demonstrate all IQVIA competencies (Client Focus, Collaboration, Communication, Innovation, Ownership).
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network