Sr. Director Business Development - New Jersey
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing customers/accounts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers with account and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning, and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Stay current on market dynamics and issues impacting target accounts/brands and adjust strategy in response to changes
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account.
- Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Provide overall support and serves as a mentor for junior sales staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Req
- 15 years relevant industry experience (CSO/Pharmaceutical) Req Or
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience Req
- Account Management experience required
- Marketing/agency or pharma services provider sales experience
- Proven track record of developing mid-level and high-level contacts
- Experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders to identify, anticipate and develop solutions that support client brand and customer challenges
- Solid understanding drug commercialization
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic business awareness
- Analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Duties may require compliance with client or third-party requirements that all those performing services on the client site or at other third-party facilities are fully vaccinated. All U.S. employees and contractors are required to complete a short form in Workday providing their COVID-19 vaccination status and proof of vaccination, if applicable. Note - IQVIA complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations for religious, medical or other legally protected reasons.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network