Lead Software Test Engineer
IQVIA is a leading technology company in Life Sciences. Our team is focused on building modern large-scale software products which take advantage of the company’s unique data assets.
As a Lead Software Test Engineer at IQVIA, you will be working within a group that has responsibility for testing many different applications: Current needs are for an engineer who will develop test scenarios and strategy for testing an integration flow across multiple product groups i.e., to focus on interoperability. The integration provides life sciences customers with solutions in Sales, Marketing and Master Data Solutions. You will be working in an Agile environment to improve the quality, reliability and performance of our applications. The job offers opportunities to work on interesting business solutions and to work on challenging technology. As we have teams in multiple geographies, the ability to work with them daily, communicating effectively and leading/managing their work is essential.
Join a cross product organization to produce exceptional interoperability test scenarios for superior product quality. Improve efficiency with test automation.
- Technical Lead with ability to understand and test complex solutions with a variety of architectures and products. Impart domain expertise to offshore testers.
- Hands On contributor who can help improve product quality.
- Be able to understand our integration platform ‘big picture’ and interoperability between multiple applications. Be able to focus on end-to-end integration flows.
- Review functional and business specifications to ensure full understanding of individual components to enable development of a good integration test strategy that reflects client use.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Product Management and Development on Agile teams
- Be analytic and efficient, using tools efficiently.
- If automating, write maintainable, clean, re-usable, object-oriented, and efficient programming code in compliance with Standards
- Work within source control utilizing branching, merging, proper check-in procedures, and ensure continuous testing is always exercisable.
- Determine and execute on a test plan that includes automated, and performance tests.
- Identify/ review defects and impact on the solutions.
- Have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with team members globally.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated prior work experience
- Good understanding of the Life Sciences domain
- Good experience with backend testing, problem solving, complex integrations
- Good understanding of typical integration technologies such as REST and SOAP APIs.
- Good understanding of data formats such as XML and JSON
- Good understanding of application networks, CloudHub and API-led connectivity.
- Good understanding of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, Anypoint Studio, Anypoint Exchange
- Good understanding of API designer to define APIs with RAML, the Restful API Modeling Language
- Hands on experience in Java, Selenium/Appium Automation, Test NG, Maven, SQL/ Oracle is a plus.
- Performance and Security Testing Experience are a plus.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required
- Good analytic, reasoning and problem solving skills required
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network