DEVOPS ENGINEER ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of content Management Application.
• Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
• Design, select, and/or implement new tools and processes to improve automation and supportability of our applications
• Build and manage CI/CD tools and components, and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
• Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features, and deploy applications via automation with configuration management tools
• Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
• Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
• Provide operational support for SaaS based applications and platforms
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
• 3-5 years of work experience as DevOps engineer
• Of which 2+ years of experience in AWS and/or Azure, and preferably both.
• AWS, includes EC2, PCs, S3, IAM, RDS, and more.
• Azure, includes Azure cloud services, Azure database, Azure Active directory.
• Version Control systems: Any of Git, GitLab, GitHub
• Automation, and configuration management tool experience: Terraform, Ansible, etc..
• Strong experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible.
• Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes preferred
• Experience building platforms for monitoring & alerting
• Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
• Strong understanding of micro-services and related architectures preferred
• Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Familiar with software security best practices, with relentless security-first mindset preferred
• Troubleshooting skills and a willingness to explore unfamiliar systems
• HAProxy, Apache, NGINX, Apache Tomcat
• Scripting and automation skills (Java/Python/Bash)
Nice to have/preferred technology
• Elastic (ELK) Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network