Associate Director, Desktop/Endpoint Engineering (Remote)
The Associate Director, Desktop/Endpoint Engineering is accountable for strategizing Windows & MAC OS lifecycle for 90K+ endpoints globally, providing overall technical & strategic guidance to Endpoint Engineering team & leading the team to deliver optimal User Experience. The scope also includes leading the Digital Workspace Services Team which delivers App packaging & Patching services.
An individual in this role is expected to possess technical knowledge around Device Management, Endpoint Encryption, Endpoint Imaging, Endpoint configurations, Group Policy & patching & packaging across Windows & Macs including platform knowledge of MEM/SCCM & JAMF
- The lead will work closely with other CIO teams, End-User-Support, Security & Business Relationship Managers to deliver endpoint strategies in-line with business requirements & addressing complex endpoint related business challenges, supporting new business initiatives & solutions.
- Create strategic roadmap for endpoint engineering services aligned to future technologies & solutions.
- Accountable for design, implementation, and governance of solutions for end point technologies across Windows & Macs.
- The lead will provide technical & strategic guidance to the L3 support team as & when required while leading the L3 operations team.
- Lead the Digital Workspace Team, accountable for patching & software packaging processes, over SCCM/MECM
- The lead will strategize FOW programs, endpoint management in cloud (Intune) orchestrating overall process from Autopilot build to app pushing / publishing over Autopilot builds.
- Lead will continuously assess platforms to ensure business requirements are satisfied and the employee experience exceeds expectation.
- Support IT M&A for integration requirements around endpoint engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or additional four (4) years of required experience – Preferred
- 7+ years or more in endpoint engineering / management lead role & understand the cloud transformation of endpoints & support
- 3+ years or more Extensive experience with Endpoint Management Solutions (CyberArk preferred)
- 5+ years or more Extensive experience with OS Image Development and Microsoft platforms and tools for deployments & management of endpoints
- 5+ years or more Advanced experience with implementing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects
- 5+ years or more Advanced experience with Windows Installer technology, application packaging, Microsoft scripting technologies, VBScript, PowerShell, and experience with Microsoft Auto Pilot preferred
- 3+ years of experience with Mac builds & management over JAMF
- Advanced experience with Full Disk Encryption (Check Point FDE and/or BitLocker)
- Advanced experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) & Intune (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong technical aptitude & knowledge of windows & mac platforms
- Leadership with zeal to drive innovation & user experience leading the team and being responsible & accountable for the success of the team and the organization
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – presentation creation & presenting skills preferred
- Demonstrates analytical skills, uses data for OE & enhancements to delivery user exp
- Demonstrates strong & articulated problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains composure under pressure & with the team, also while managing an managed services team based out of India
- Ability to find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities, detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude of Windows 10 and Windows 11 & Mac Operating Systems
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude of multi-site, large environment application package deployments, to be deployed on user endpoints
- Demonstrated expert level aptitude with quality assurance testing methodologies and practices
- In-depth knowledge and aptitude with configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software on PC
- Knowledge and background with the creation of technical and non-technical documentation and user guides
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network