Lead Medical Technologist
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of complex testing procedures to obtain data from clinical specimens. Responsible for assisting in the supervision of daily operations. Provide technical insight for equipment/platform selection and technical transfer of assays. Act as the primary point of contact for daily technical and logistical inquiries from the team.
- Responsible for performing and documenting testing in accordance with SOPs and regulatory guidelines. Completes and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Responsible for scheduling in assigned area.
- Responsible for inventory oversight and ensuring adequate supplies for testing.
- Responsible for onboarding and lab training, systems training of junior level staff.
- Proactively plans for resourcing and reagent needs.
- Assist with monitoring of compliance and quality incidents to ensure resolution.
- Assist team Manager with new initiatives and coordination of team delivery.
- Ensures audit findings are closed.
- Coordinates feedback and performance development with people managers.
- Proactively plana for new equipment acquisitions and recommend such purchases to manager.
- Identifies, implements, and communicates process improvements.
- Coaches staff on ways to improve performance in work processes.
- Manages adherence to appropriate quality control systems and procedures. Maintain SOPs to ensure all procedures are documented and required amendments to procedures are highlighted and progressed immediately.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of safety procedures/good housekeeping.
- Ensures health and safety compliance is observed, acts as a health and safety champion.
- Assists team Manager to co-ordinate department preparation in advance of an audit.
- May serve as primary point of contact in line manager's absence.
- Participates in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and meetings.
- Fosters a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork.
- Participates in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
Minimum required education and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ year Flow Cytometry experience with 1 in a regulated laboratory environment.
- ASCP (or equivalent) certification REQUIRED
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Sound knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts in job area.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide others.
- Working knowledge of any applicable regulatory standards within area of responsibility, such as Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Proficiency with general lab techniques.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Strong technical knowledge of complex testing procedures and science supporting analysis.
- Proficiency with complex laboratory calculations regarding batches and specimens.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by local regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network