(Senior) Epidemiologist/Health Scientist, Real World Evidence
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Health Scientist / Medical Manager, Real World & Analytics Solutions
We are recruiting a Health Scientist / Medical Manager to be based in Amsterdam with the objective to accelerate innovation for a healthier world by contributing to the development and execution of Real-World Evidence studies, and in addition to contributing to value based health care initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced (2-5 years) healthcare consultant or researcher (preferably within Epidemiology, Real-World Evidence or Pharmacy) with a strong scientific or medical background and with proven project management skills. If you are keen to work in the dynamic healthcare data space and help make healthcare more sustainable using the newest digital research technologies, this position is for you.
Our clients range from governmental bodies (national and EU), pharmaceutical companies, MedTech companies, academia, health insurance companies, patient advocacy groups and health care professionals. This role reports to the Associate Director RWE and will work closely with the Dutch and international teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Explore research opportunities and formulate specific research questions across diverse disease areas
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions
- Review and analyze client requests and assist in the development of proposals
- Design, structure and deliver client reports and presentations that are tailored to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- Provide follow-up with client after project deliverable to ensure client satisfaction
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities and assist in the business development process
- Recommend improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems
- Demonstrate timely completion of projects or components of large, complex projects for clients in the life sciences field
- Manage and execute projects in English and Dutch. Projects could consist of observational studies, retrospective data studies, predictive and descriptive analyses, tailored strategic consultancy reports, reimbursement applications and value-based health care initiatives.
- Propose study designs to conduct new data-base studies with appropriate comparator groups and statistical methodology
- Write scientific proposals and reports (study protocol, methodology and results)
- Prepare abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts for scientific conferences and/or journals
- Proactively develop broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and life sciences market through on-the-job experience and participation in training opportunities.
Required Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge
- You can think strategically and want to work in a consulting environment, helping our clients find solutions to their problems
- You work efficiently, proactively, are service oriented and flexible
- You can tackle loosely defined problems analytically and apply pragmatic and logical problem-solving skills
- You have strong communication skills, can resolve conflicts effectively, and value building strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- You can explain complex topics in simple terms and in a structured way
- Preferably, a PhD degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Sciences, Pharmacology, or similar, with 2-5 years of experience
- Must hold at minimum a Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Sciences, Pharmacology, or similar, with 2-5 years of experience
- Preferred candidates have worked in healthcare consultancy, pharmaceutical companies, MedTech companies, health insurance companies, or similar
- Must have experience in scientific writing and project management
- Must have excellent speaking and writing skills in Dutch and English
- Preferred candidates are experienced in statistical analyses (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata and/or R)
What you can expect from us
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We value your creativity and provide you with the opportunity and the support to expand your horizon. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Principal - Health Economics (Econ. Modeling) - Europe
Multiple locationsLearn more
Senior Consultant Market Access and Pricing
Multiple locationsLearn more
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.