Senior Python Developer
Senior Python Developer
E360, Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
E360™: A revolutionary, scalable and extensible web-based platform for delivering Real-World Insights, that features the world’s largest unparalleled health data collection. To find out more about E360™, please watch the YouTube video here: http://bit.ly/2w2wlfh
We are hiring a Senior Python Developer to play a vital part in an agile team, where you will be involved in creating, validating, and documenting E360’s core health analytics software.
What to expect
- Working alongside team members, Product Owners and Software QA to create solutions which integrate with systems, products and processes supporting the life science and healthcare sectors
- Contribute to the design and development of new features and applications in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment.
- Participate in Agile practices such as daily stands ups, sprint planning, sprint refinements, and retrospectives
- Working to fortnightly sprints concluding with demonstration of new features developed.
- Very friendly and informal working environment
- Regular Innovation weeks – where the data science and development teams are given the chance to work on their own projects and showcase their work at the end of the week
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Qualification from accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or another quantitative degree.
- In-depth and primary experience of backend development using Python.
- Proven experience of improving software quality and maintainability by code refactoring and writing unit tests using testing frameworks (eg: pytest, unittest); applying TDD
- Previous experience and sound understanding of software packaging for Python.
- Previous experience of using data science toolkits for Python, such as Pandas, Numpy, Dask, visualisation.
- Familiarity with RESTful web service APIs.
- Previous experience with Scrum or Kanban methodology, Jira or other ticket tracking systems.
- A proactive, creative, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently.
Bonus points for:
- Bash scripting, and exposure to Unix based operating systems, such as Linux or Mac OS.
- Python desktop application development using Tkinter, PyQT, or other frameworks.
- In-depth understanding of data modelling frameworks (eg: Marshmallow), ORM frameworks (eg: SQLAlchemy, Peewee), caching (Redis, RabbitMQ) and database storage (eg: PostgreSQL, SQLite).
- Exposure to Django REST Framework, Flask, Celery, and asynchronous or concurrent execution enablers.
- Experience using documentation frameworks such as Sphinx.
- Experience with CI/CD solutions, such as Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible, Testrail and similar
- Sound understanding and previous experience with the application of classical statistical methods (such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, survival methods) in a healthcare setting
- Experience in a commercial data science environment
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWAS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network