VP, Global Sales of Clinical Technology
Remote/home based on East Coast (First Preference) or West Coast (Secondary Option)
The VP, Global Sales of Clinical Technology is responsible for global sales across all sales channels and markets for all clinical technology products in our Orchestrated Clinical Trial (OCT) Platform. The role is responsible for driving sales and will plan, direct and co-ordinate activities across the OCT sales organization to achieve financial and strategic growth goals. The role will require customer interaction as well as working in a matrixed organization across varied business units within IQVIA including the commercial technology sales organization and RDS (Clinical Research Organization) organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right sales leader at a pivotal time in our growth. IQVIA OCT has best in class products and is continuing to grow by launching new and innovative products and expanding our existing offerings. The right leader will be able to implement new sales strategy by market to capitalize on existing.
Direct reports Team of 60+ FTEs
Key Business relationships VPs, SVPs and President level executives in IQVIA, customers.
- Directs the activities of a sales team to achieve/exceed the assigned NNB, revenue and growth goals.
- Provides leadership to Account Directors to expand scope of existing contracts and identify new business opportunities.
- Develops relationships with key executives and decision makers within large and strategic accounts.
- Provides operational leadership to the sales organization.
- Collaborates with IQVIA marketing, consulting, and client services in developing strategies to promote the full IQVIA portfolio of products and consulting services to anticipate and meet client needs.
- Provides direction to Account Directors in developing and executing comprehensive account plan(s) and monitors progress against plans.
- Assigns accounts/territories and associated NNB and revenue goals to teams.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Twelve (12) years of experience Required.
- Experience selling clinical technology or technology enabled service.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial technology offerings and pharmaceutical industry.
- Successful track record in sales management role in motivating sales organizations to consistently achieve assigned revenue and growth goals.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities.
- Strong personal presence.
- Excellent negotiator.
- Outstanding business acumen.
- Market/customer oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Committed team player.
- Demonstrated ability to lead global diverse teams within a complex and fast-paced environment.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Collaborating and Influencing
- Ability to quickly create the circle of influence and able to negotiate with all stakeholders with authentic give-and-take approach.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
Leading Positive Change
- Communicates new direction or changes with clear rationale and appeal.
- Advocates for new direction and constantly evolve organizational practices to embrace change.
- Peaks at all available opportunities about future direction, adjusts communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns.
Business and consultative Mindset
- Pays a great deal of attention and responds to business needs and concerns.
- Stays current with business needs and intersection of the products as they evolve.
- Be able to act as an advisor and consultant to define and provide creative solution for the business problems
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network