Medical Director - Neurology
"IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Why IQVIA? Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. In your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and, ultimately, improve outcomes for patients.
About the role:
Join our team as the Director of Neurology and play a critical role in shaping the future of healthcare. You will have the opportunity to provide expert medical, clinical, and scientific advice to a variety of Iqvia divisions, actively participate in ground-breaking medical science trials, and serve as a trusted medical expert throughout project delivery. Your therapeutic and medical knowledge will also contribute to the success of our business development efforts. In this role, you'll have a diverse range of responsibilities, including medical monitoring and strategic inputs, with a focus that can evolve as the needs of the company change. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact and advance your career.
- Primarily serves as Global Medical Advisor on assigned projects.
- Serves as Scientific Advisor and provides guidance to Project Leaders on the medical and scientific aspects of assigned projects.
- Provides medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including protocol clarifications, inclusion/exclusion determinations, and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility.
- Performs medical review of the protocol, Investigative Drug Brochure (IDB), and/or Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Provides therapeutic area/indication training for the project clinical team.
- Attends and presents at Investigator Meetings.
- Performs review and clarification of trial-related Adverse Events (AEs).
- May perform medical case review of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs), including review of case documentation and patient narrative, in collaboration with the Pharmacovigilance department.
- May provide medical support for the Analysis of Similar Events (AOSE), in collaboration with or on behalf of Pharmacovigilance department.
- May perform medical review of adverse event coding.
- Performs review of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and patient narratives.
- Attends Kick-Off meetings, weekly team meetings, and client meetings, as needed or requested.
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to respond to urgent protocol-related issues at the investigative sites.
- Provides expert advice to the development of medically sound delivery strategies for small to large and/or complex multi-region studies in partnership with sales and other functions responsible for business development activities.
- Responsible for the development of the medically related aspects of client proposals including the budget related to medical monitoring.
- Provides medical and scientific advice to key internal stakeholders developing proposals: this may include, but is not limited to, reviewing the protocol for scientific/regulatory soundness and feasibility, identification of target site and principal investigator profiles, anticipated patient recruitment, standard of care and competitive landscape.
- Attends and presents at bid defense meeting, as required.
- Participates in strategic business development activities including presentations to prospective clients.
- Maintains awareness of industry development and may author related publications.
- May serve as Regional/Multiregional/Global Therapeutic Lead for specific indication(s).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial, and competitive landscape in the applicable therapeutic area of Neurology.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to clinical research.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
- Proven skills in providing consultation and advice on multiple assignments are required, as well as initiative and flexibility.
ESSENTIAL REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- You must have a Medical Degree from an accredited and internationally recognized medical school with a curriculum relevant to general medical education.
- It is essential you have completed Board certification / clinical residency in Neurology.
- You have completed a minimum of 5 years clinical neurology and an additional 4 years or more Clinical Trials experience within a Pharmaceutical or CRO organization
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network