User Experience Solutions Director
IQVIA Translations- Create the world’s best life sciences translation company.
IQVIA invites you to join our new, specialised Life Science translation team, IQVIA Translation Services (ITS). This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our ground-breaking start-up business, influencing processes and strategy from the outset and seeing the results of your input. You will be a part of a global team with exciting long-term career opportunities. So, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Languages, this could be the role for you.
As User Experience Solutions Director (or Associate Director dependent on experience), you will be a key member of the Translations Innovation Team. You will be responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of ITS user experience and customer integrations. You will be an individual contributor delivering expert product design consultation to develop innovative solutions enabling customers to collaborate easily and maximize efficiency with ITS solutions to solve their language challenges.
You will drive the vision for delightful user experience and interface design for ITS. In close collaboration with UX design team members, solutions architects, product management, you will lead the overall design process. You will infuse design thinking in all considerations and oversee the development of key supporting UX deliverables. Your entrepreneurial spirit and customer-centric focus will enable you think outside the box to solve familiar localization challenges in new ways to create efficient, scalable and robust user-friendly solutions.
Throughout each phase of the software development lifecycle, you will provide guidance and support for end-to-end design and integration considerations. You will iteratively improve the overall user experience, whilst creating interfaces and enabling integrations that provide incremental product value to customers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced product designer or UX/UI architect with strong business acumen, technical skill and experience in the localization industry. We seek individuals who have experience working in large organizations while maintaining a passion for agility and creativity. If you are an accomplished product designer with experience in the localization industry, this role will allow you to work creatively to revolutionize the life sciences translations industry.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the end-to-end design process in alignment with business strategy and solution vision to create intuitive, easy-to-use interfaces enabling customers to leverage ITS services
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible products and services that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Lead the definition and implementation of systems integrations to support end-to-end workflows, representing ITS on technical integration matters for IQVIA and external customers
- Oversee the creation of comprehensive UX assets and deliverables, including personas, user journey maps, prototypes, wireframes, mockups, and usability studies
- Collaborate with ITS operations, technology, and design teams to formulate and compare solution alternatives across business and technical considerations
- Use a wide variety of user research techniques from concept to implementation to understand mental models, user needs, patterns of behaviour to test assumptions, inform the design and influence prioritization
- Design and maintain an exceptional interface for the technology platform that positions ITS with better speed, accuracy, security and value relative to our competitors
- Define interface requirements for platform to enable rapid incremental value delivery with innovative technologies and optimize usage of existing technologies as appropriate
- Provide informal leadership and mentorship for centralized design team resources in matrixed environment throughout software development life cycle
- Research current and emerging tools, techniques, and technologies to stay apprised of industry best practices for user experience and localization technology trends
- Lead and establish best practices and design thinking to drive optimized digital experiences
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to ensure adherence to IQVIA brand guidelines, design best practices, and industry standards
Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Ten (10) years of UX/UI design experience, with at least five (5) years of hands-on UI development and delivery experience with customer-facing applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or a related STEM field
- Experience within the localization industry and strong knowledge of translation management systems (TMS) solutions, including workflow management, translation memory management, and machine translation
- Experience in a senior individual contributor design role such as senior UX designer, product designer, or UX/UI solutions architect
- Strong skills in information architecture, ideation, and sketching and high familiarity with modern design tools and UX prototyping software
- Experience with REST APIs and ability to work with backend developers to develop API integrations
- Demonstrable knowledge of software engineering practices across full software development life cycle (SDLC), including rapid prototyping, iterative development, continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD), cloud architecture and release management
- Ability to work in close collaboration with operations and technology teams to support planning, design and implementation of technical solutions
- Experience defining and coordinating with technology teams to implement end-to-end technical systems integrations
- Ability to synthesize business and complex technical requirements in a cohesive manner
- Exceptional analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Git, Jira, project tracking tools
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment
Additional preferred qualifications
Although not formally required, you will benefit from having some of the following:
- Prior experience with blockchain technologies
- Prior experience building systems involving regulated data
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network