Senior Solution Architect
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that leverage the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
As a solution architect, you will have a key role in the Belgian organization. You will report into the business and help different business units by ensuring smooth client deliveries through stable and scalable platforms.
You are responsible for the overall design, development and flawless operation of our (cloud based and on-premise) platforms (platforms mainly concerning BI applications, data storage, data pipelining and / or technological structures).
Besides the above, you will be involved (and able to define) different strategic projects to facilitate the move of platforms to the cloud. This way ensuring the agility we need to keep meeting the needs of our customers.
Regularly, you will be involved in project delivery teams to perform architectural services for clients, advising them in building, upgrading & migrating maintainable (cloud-) solutions.
Through this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside creative, highly skilled individuals, driven towards continuous improvement and you will be a role model for these behaviors, demonstrating high standards of output and employing enhancements to drive healthcare forward.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with functional teams to design a full-stack solution using software that fully integrates with IQVIA customer’s needs, from data flow, data consumption, security, DevOps, and other standpoints
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out mitigation strategies
- Draft architectural blueprints and defend them at global level.
- Carry out debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and unit testing of solutions built on the IQVIA platforms
- Propose suggestions and best practices to optimize cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (mainly business intelligence/analytics applications)
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user support guides
- Create a learning strategy to allow IQVIA technical teams to acquire, adopt and develop with cloud technologies
- Evaluate applications and software at regular intervals
- Develop and organize systems and work closely with the global IT organization to facilitate our procedures & level of service.
- Provide prompt response to technical issues in a professional manner
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or in a relevant field. 3-5 years of work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT (Cloud) solutions
- Very good Knowledge of the Azure Cloud services and architectures
- Very good knowledge and understanding of cloud computing technologies and recent computing trends and familiarity with enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of data integration, data modeling and databases best practices
- Working experience with Relational databases and database management.
- Practical knowledge of Agile Software development methodology
- Good understanding of networking
- + 3 years of experience from similar positions, securing solid architecture roadmaps for everything within the scope of a platform roadmap.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to present complex results in a clear language avoiding technical jargon without sacrificing detail or meaning.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and make decisions on a well-founded basis.
- Results oriented.
- Very proficient in the conversion and analysis of complex functional and non-functional requirements and able to make complex technical information understandable.
- Flexible, proactive, organized and quality conscious.
- Team oriented able to harness the full potential of the knowledge of your peers to ensure the application of the most effective solutions.
- Certifications in cloud solutions is considered an asset.
- Solid BI background – preferably Qlik or Power BI is an asset.
- Experience with the Microsoft .Net framework and/or PHP and/or other web technologies is an asset.
- Experience with C#, VBA, SQL Server is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare sector is an asset.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network