Regional Oncology Liaison BeLux
The Sales Oncology Liaison is responsible for maximizing the product potential in key accounts, whilst staying within the Belgium (Luxembourg) budget. Key activities are delivering the selling messages, providing a high-level of customer service toward being a best-in-class assay provider, and solving challenging problems in a dynamic environment. He/she will have a track record in oncology sales (ideally breast cancer) and with existing contacts of private healthcare clinics/hospitals in this region, the individual will engage with physicians and KOLs to further develop sales in existing and new accounts. He/she will also build and maintain comprehensive understanding of his/her customer needs and develop key account records to manage these relationships. The Sales Oncology Liaison will join a small organization in start-up phase, have an entrepreneurial mind set with an ability to work autonomously, support the Country Manager and the Sales Team Lead with sales leads out of the region, and have a willingness to travel where necessary. Furthermore, they will attend international and national conferences/meetings. Due to the complexity of medical oncology diagnostics, a person who has a medical/scientific background with an ability to analyze data, and who is well-organized, flexible, and passionate about working with such products is most likely to succeed.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Maximize the potential of product in key accounts, whilst staying within budget determined for territory.
- Deliver selling messages while providing a high-level of customer service toward being a best-in-class assay provider.
- Engage with physicians and KOLs to further develop sales at existing and new accounts.
- Reach sales targets.
- Build and maintain comprehensive understanding of customer needs and develop key account records to manage these relationships.
- Establish and follow contracts for private clinics and public hospitals.
- Follow-up on tests payments.
- Support our Consultant and the Country Manager with sales leads out of the country, including travel when necessary.
- Attend relevant international and national conferences/meetings/events related to the Belgium and European business and assist the set-up of exhibition booths.
- Manage and grow business in existing and new accounts to achieve sales goals.
- Present the product at a local level.
- Attend regular trainings on the product(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work in a start-up organization; autonomous, entrepreneurial.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Willingness to travel to international meetings several times per year, as well as attend national meetings with occasional overnight stays and evening/weekend meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of working time away from work location; business trips can range from one night to all week.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Life sciences.
- Sales experience in premium products with a strong record of success promoting complex products in medical oncology and/or diagnostics in the region; breast cancer products preferred.
- Proven large territory or large account management skills.
- Deep understanding and familiarity, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn, clinical research in cancer; comfortable with investigators and/or previous medical liaison experience.
- Excellent understanding of cancer care in Belgium private and public healthcare sectors.
- Clean Belgium Driver’s licence.
- Fluent to read, write, and speak in Dutch.
- Fluent to read, write, and speak in French.
- Fluent to read, write, and speak in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network