Senior Consultant, Oncology & Patient Data (Remote)
Consultant, Oncology & Patient Data
At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing, and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment, and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered, and can flourish.
- Provides high quality, timely development, and on-time input to client solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries.
- Assignments range in complexity from basic analysis and problem solving to assisting in the development of more complex solutions.
- The person in this role is responsible for the on-time completion of projects or components of large, complex projects for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Assists Senior Consultants and Engagement Management with the review and analysis of client requirements or problems and the development of proposals of cost-effective solutions.
- May lead a small team of analysts to deliver client solutions.
- Develops detailed documentation and specifications.
- Performs quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions.
- Designs, structures, and delivers presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience with some senior input.
- Proactively develops broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Engagement based responsibilities are largely directed by more senior consultants, engagement managers or principals.
- Assist with the expansion of the Oncology offerings through the identification of new products, tools, or opportunities
- Provides input into client follow-up before, during and after project completion to ensure client satisfaction
- Remains current on industry, client and competitive trends and directions to anticipate and identify new business opportunities
- Contributes to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA’s Commercial Solutions Innovation Hub (CSIH) in the marketplace
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Strong academic track record including minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant graduate degree preferred (further personal/industry qualifications are valued but are not essential); minimum 4 years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Requires prior roles performed as a Consultant
- Working knowledge of IQVIA data or similar data at Patient, Prescriber and Account levels (e.g. Anonymous patient-level data (APLD)).
- Experience with Marketing and/or Market Research studies, such as Source of Business, Length of Therapy, Patient Journeys, etc.
- Experience with developing consultative relationships with senior level managers and executives at clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience in commercial aspects of the Pharmaceutical industry and data
Additional Skills and Knowledge of Interest:
- Knowledge of market research and consulting methodologies, tools and techniques related to functional area.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Therapeutic area knowledge in various medical conditions including but not limited to Oncology, Immunology, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Vaccines, and rare and orphan diseases
- Solid project management skills and client influencing and relationship building skills.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network