Lead Developer / DevOps Engineer (Remote or Hybrid)
Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania; Remote
When leveraging existing technologies isn't enough, you build new ones. As a Software Developer at IQVIA, you'll play a vital role in driving the design, development and deployment of new products that enable our customers to tackle some of the toughest global health problems.
While collaborating with experts across disciplines like NLP, genomics and predictive analytics, and access to IQVIA's 35+ petabytes of data, including 800+ million, non-identified, patient records, you'll help engineer the healthcare world of tomorrow, today.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a Software Developer at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our freedom to investigate, experiment and innovate forms the basis of our development approach at IQVIA.”Patrick, Senior Software Developer
“As soon as I started working for IQVIA, I felt welcomed, supported and cared for by both the team and the company. As someone who is not a doctor or physician, it’s great to help make a difference in people’s lives in the medical world. You cannot fail to be inspired working here.”Rachel, SQL Developer
Lead Developer / DevOps Engineer (Remote or Hybrid)
Lead Developer / DevOps Engineer
IQVIA is seeking a Lead Developer/DevOpsEngineer for our Master Data Management (MDM) Center of Excellence (CoE) team. MDM plays an essential role in so much of what we do at IQVIA. Whether it is applied to patient data collected in healthcare settings, driving cohorts for clinical trials, or underpins data science analytics, MDM is critical in our objective to improve patient outcomes.
- Do you have broad technical knowledge that spans from relational database (RDBMS) through to User Interface integration?
- Are you a Senior Software Developer with DevOps experience with a passion for streamlining and process improvement?
If so, then read on – we may have just the role for you…
In this Lead Developer/DevOps role, you'll assist with the conceptualization, development and implementation of enterprise solutions supporting IQVIA systems, products, and platforms. You will support strategic efforts to decommission our mainframe by deploying new reference authoring solutions.
With your generalist software development background, we will look to you to evaluate our current architectural components through structured technical and functional analysis, identify improvement opportunities, and influence incremental change. Once socialized, you and our existing team of skilled developers will develop, test, and deploy the system and process improvements. Someone who is both technical and has business savvy would excel in this dual role.
- Assist in defining a shared technical and architectural vision focused on creating technical alignment for the solutions (i.e., systems, products, and platforms)
- Using current programming language and technologies to write code, complete programming, and perform testing and/or debugging of applications
- Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as desktop applications, mobile apps, or financial management solutions
- Create and utilize optimal data management procedures to ensure seamless data flow between relational databases and cloud technologies
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications while incorporating DevOps and CICD practices to streamline future enhancements
- Stay up to date with technology changes and identifies opportunities for implementation in future systems
- Provide technical leadership and assist in the coordination of team activities
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years+ of experience in software and/or product development
- Strong working knowledge of Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) and other DevOps practices
- Broad knowledge of current technology, tools and techniques for software development, and a desire to expand your technology stack:
- UI implementation (e.g., Angular, React, .Net)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server)
- Build and deploy automation (e.g., Ansible, Docker, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts, nice to have
- MDM and/or Cloud technology, nice to have
- General understanding of data management concepts (e.g., data modeling, effectively organizing large data volumes; both structured and unstructured, data quality, data governance, data security, etc.)
#LI-KC3 #SEAJD #REMOTE
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network