Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is primarily responsible for development of analytical and financial business intelligence reporting for the Clinical Trial Payments organization. Primary duties will include delivering and improving our forecast and financial accrual reporting. Duties also include identifying areas of improvement and assisting with the development of new processes and analytics related to project delivery, quality measures, and associated reporting needs of clients and internal teams.
- Maintain Operational Requests & Enhancements
- Maintain User access for BI systems including MicroStrategy and SpotFire
- Contribute to architecture of BI databases
- Develop custom reports / build out reporting tools for the end users and other BI analysts
- Integrate new sources of data into the BI environment (Data Warehousing)
- Analyze/rebuild existing reports/processes for the long term
- Continue to develop and maintain next-generation forecasting
- Oversee the forecasting needs in SQL & Spotfire
- Deliver monthly forecasting report to external clients and make enhancements to the forecast model as needed
- Develop and implement continuous enhancements to the financial forecasting and accrual reporting as required
- Work with third parties to achieve business goals
- Analyze metrics and trends and make recommendations for process or systems improvements
- Design and develop measurements that demonstrate operational effectiveness and productivity
- Measure the return on investment of special projects and initiatives aimed at system and process enhancements
- Create ad hoc reports as needed
- Support the operations improvement initiatives as needed
- Coordinates with system users to determine final objectives, desired reports, historical data to be preserved, data sources, etc.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the CTP Financial Forecasting Technology and Application
- Responsible for the Forecasting SQL Programing and Database Management
- Conducts and coordinates the analysis, design and implementation of forecasting system capabilities to meet internal and sponsor requirements
- Continue to enhance current forecasting capabilities including AIML, Integration with other IQVIA applications, etc
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation
- May identify and implement root cause fixes to program, system and/or applications errors
- Work frequently includes program development, maintenance error detection & correction of existing codes and/or revisions to systems documentation
- Develop and support Internal and External Requirements & Enhancements
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Typically requires 2 - 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical clinical trial, financial, or IT roles/industries
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process, ideally with specific knowledge on investigator contracts and essential site documents
- Experience in financial forecast and accrual reporting and analysis
- Experience with a business intelligence application such as MicroStrategy or Spotfire
- Experience supporting/developing in a MS SQL Server/Postgres SQL environment
- Experience working with database automation tools for MS SQL Server/Postgres SQL
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Microsoft Office) with an ability to understand, access and leverage technology alternatives
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Prior experience with MicroStrategy, SpotFire, SAP preferred
- Prior experience with MS-SQL Server/Postgres SQL required.
- Experience designing database tables and structures
- Experience creating views, functions and stored procedures.
- Experience writing optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications.
- Experience working with one of the following database automation tools: SQL Server Integration Services, Talend for use with Postgres SQL.
- Experience of application development
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network