Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Remote / WFH)
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are looking for a candidate with strong experience in administration of Azure-based cloud infrastructure and Windows Active Directory. Ideal candidates will have exposure in developing and designing the Azure Platform (Cloud, Compute, Network, Storage, Caching, Security, Backup/Restore & troubleshooting) for servers and databases.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security.
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge in IaaS and PaaS services.
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources.
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, LDAP SSO/MFA and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication.
- Availability to provide after-hours/on-call support, as needed, for a 24x7 operational environment.
- Provide IT support to RIM Smart Team.
- Manage systems used to host ARIM application and data for all RIM Smart subscription customers.
- Technical documentation skills required.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced administrative support role or equivalent.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Azure is a MUST.
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including: Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Previous experience in customer service driven role.
- Desire to take on big challenges and the ability to see the big picture as well as the details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize among multiple projects.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality with sensitive and personal information.
- Ability to make timely decisions, prioritize and exercise sound judgment with appropriate urgency in situations that require a quick response.
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network