Associate Data Science Director
As a Data Science Manager in Data Science and Advanced Analytics group, you’ll be responsible for supporting the design and development of new commercial offerings and the enhancement of existing offerings. This includes patient-level syndicated offerings sold to many customers as well as consulting projects tailored to meet the business needs of a specific client. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide Stat methodology guidance to support syndicated patient-level offerings, in assisting the offering development and production teams on data investigations, input to client communications, and liaising with internal stakeholders on the impact of data and methodology changes.
- Conducting research to define the complex statistical methods to be utilized in new offerings and product enhancements, e.g., Machine Learning and/or advanced statistical methodologies.
- Serving as the day-to-day functional area manager for approved projects and working closely with both the Project Manager and the commercial sponsor on project scope and direction.
- Creating statistical specifications, presentations of research results and recommendations, test plans, internal training workshops and methodology presentations targeted to internal clients, under general guidance from manager.
- Integrating business experience and acumen with statistical methodology to develop solutions to address unmet business needs.
- Developing broad knowledge of the U.S. pharmaceutical market through formal and informal learning opportunities including participation on approved projects, interactions with Principals and Product Owners.
- Performing quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the resolution of client issues and the identification of future research opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities and participating in activities related to personal development.
Skills & Experience
- Candidates interested in joining IQVIA’s Data Science and Advanced Analytics group as Associate Director should have:
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, technical specifications, and general communications
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge
Qualifications & Other requirements
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA’s Data Science and Advanced Analytics group as Associate Director should have:
- Master’s/Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Statistics, Data Science, Epidemiology, Health Economics, or related field with a strong focus on quantitative analysis and Machine Learning solutions
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with large healthcare databases and systems. Extensive experience working with patient-level longitudinal data is preferred
- Statistical knowledge includes regression, hypothesis testing, sampling methods, and multivariate statistics is required
- Excellent skills in a structured programming language, and applied experience involving large, relational data assets in SAS and/or other statistical programming and/or Python are required
- Some project management and people management experience are preferred but not required
- Prior experience in the healthcare and life science industries is preferred
- Awareness of various techniques available to use in patient matching as well as understanding the changing nature of the de-identified patient data landscape is a plus
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network