Business Intelligence Consultant
Job Title:Business Intelligence Consultant
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions, and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. IQVIA creates intelligent connections across all aspects of healthcare through its analytics, transformative technology, big data resources and extensive domain expertise. IQVIA Connected Intelligence™ delivers powerful insights with speed and agility — enabling customers to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of innovative medical treatments that improve healthcare outcomes for patients. With approximately 77,000 employees, IQVIA conducts operations in more than 100 countries.
To learn more, visit www.iqvia.com.
Join us on our exciting journey!
Our vision is to be the preferred technology partner - “from molecule to market” - for major life science and pharma companies.
In order to realize our vision we are looking for a Business Intelligence Consultant to strengthen our Italian team, part of our Regional EMEA organization.
The Consultant is responsible for managing design, development and delivery of medium-sized BI solutions and tools or components of larger, complex ones by:
- defining end-user reporting, analytics and dashboard frameworks from requirement definition through to end user deployment
- designing and implementing enterprise data and reporting architectures
- designing and implementing data integration and data conversion solutions
- planning, coordinating and reporting of Testing Activities
- PM responsibilities with exposure to leading projects
- Interaction with several internal stakeholders (Regional BI team/KAM, Client Svs/Tech lead) and with offshore multi-countries teams, being a point of reference for the team
- Engage with clients, understand their needs, design & present solutions based on IQVIA technologies
- Assist with the review and analysis of client requirements/problems, proposal development and cost estimation
In addition, the Consultant will be directly involved in some strategic cross-function projects aimed at developing innovative information solutions for our clients.
Essential qualifications and experience
- MSc degree with strong record of academic achievement, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Statistics
- 3/5 year consulting experience with a Business Intelligence Systems Integration and Application Management Consultancy
- Proven experience in managing technology teams & projects (local & international)
- Background in working with pharma is desirable
- Fluency in Italian and English
Essential general technical skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of Data Management and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, Staging/Target Area, OLAP, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.)
• Proficiency in databases and data integration techniques - SQL, ETL tools, preferably Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS
• Strong Experience in one or more DBs – SQL Server, RedShift, PostgresSQL, Netezza, Vertica, Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL
• Strong experience in one of the main reporting tools (SSRS, PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Spotfire, Sapphire)
• Experience with CRM applications (preferably Salesforce.com) is desirable
• Experience in coding in a modern programming language (C#, Java, Python, R) is a plus
Essential personal skills and behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An attitude to working collaboratively and effectively with others in and across the team to accomplish goals
- Ability to be multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Other key personal attributes include drive, self-motivation, energy and tenacity
What we offer:
- Career Development opportunities: at IQVIA, the company that can be defined as the University of Healthcare, we are committed to hiring exceptional talent and helping employees reach their professional goals through Internal Job Opportunities, structured Performance Management and Enablement processes, Mentoring program, Diversity&Inclusion initiatives and much more!
- Competitive Benefits: You can invest in you and your family's well-being applying to the Employee Assistance Program, you will have an interesting Insurance Plan. You can use a flexible benefits budget for a wide selection of services (wellness, culture, education, etc). Apply and find out more!
- Flexibility: You have flexible working conditions, we trust our employees and we believe that we can perform our job in a smart/agile way, but you can rely also on a modern and sustainable office (LEED Platinum certified!) where you can meet other colleagues, collaborate, innovate and having fun!
- Unparalleled opportunity to play an active role in helping create a healthier world. Our work is important. It's challenging. Improving human health requires brave thinkers who are willing to explore new ideas, build on successes, and learn from mistakes. It takes brave minds to bring powerful ideas to reality and transform healthcare. We are a diverse, global team that shares a passion for collaboration and solving complex problems. Together, we help customers drive healthcare forward. Join IQVIA and see where your skills can take you!
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network