Senior Scientist - Molecular Biology
Location: Valencia, California
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Senior Scientist - Molecular Biology
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Perform and document hands on training for other Laboratory Associates in areas of proven competency as assigned.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to Team Lead or Laboratory Management immediately.
- Act as a backup in any area of daily laboratory operations, as needed, and meet expectations of the laboratory associate job responsibilities in that area.
- Oversee the technology transfer of methods and SOPs from other groups within IQVIA such as Research and Development departments. This includes working with those departments to fill gaps that are identified to ensure the technology will be sustainable and scalable in laboratory operations.
- Demonstrate advanced domain knowledge to provide input on technical inquiries and provide leadership in troubleshooting projects. Including application of root cause analysis and advanced problem-solving techniques.
- Produce technical documentation for laboratory assays and associated pipelines across all service areas in the business (i.e. Laboratory Ops, Quality Systems, Information Technology, and Finance).
- Identify and lead continuous process improvement initiatives for laboratory operations, including but not limited to the following responsibilities: Review of laboratory metrics to identify initiatives as well as establish additional metrics such as cost savings that are associated with process improvement initiatives, work with stakeholders on process improvement initiatives to present projects and ensure that goals are met, independently identify and evaluate vendor platforms to that may help meet goals of the initiatives, documentation of all project aspects including formal validations of laboratory methods, and present findings to a wide variety of audiences internal and external to IQVIA.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 4 years’ experience manipulating RNA and/or DNA in a clinical, research, academic or commercial/production environment OR
- Equivalent combination of specialized experience and training in biology or chemistry.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and any other governing regulatory requirements.
- Expertise with pipetting and other general molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Proficiency with laboratory calculations regarding batches and specimens including but not limited to averages, means, standard deviations, and various quality control metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Demonstrated “everyday leadership” skills.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.