Medical Laboratory Assistant 1
- Provides administrative and technical support to the lab.
- Maintains glassware for the laboratory.
- Washes, rinses, dries, distributes and stores glassware such as test tubes, beakers, flasks and cylinders.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work areas including disinfecting workbenches, materials, equipment and other laboratory areas.
- Prepares and sterilizes laboratory supplies, equipment and other materials.
- Responsible for tube labeling and preparation.
- Facilitates post-analysis storage and sample banking.
- May conduct routine equipment maintenance.
- May make simple buffers for lab prep.
- May be responsible for lab area organization.
- Assists in maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assists with supply inventory functions and general clean up of laboratory workstations.
- Participates in continuing education through self study and attendance of meetings.
- Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
- Complies with company's procedures and regulatory requirements, as applicable.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-6 months of relevant work experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles used in the laboratory.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices, including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Basic knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization, decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.