Azure Systems Engineer (Remote)
This role will assist the current team in supporting over 100 customers with international infrastructure including teams in Germany, Singapore and Dublin. The ideal candidate will manage and coordinate all information Technology (IT) support activities related to computer operations in a client / server environment, to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems in a Microsoft centric environment.
• Forecast IT resource requirements including personnel, software, equipment and facilities and make recommendations to senior management.
• Develop detailed schedules for all information system equipment to obtain maximum utilization
• Establish and implement Information Technology (IT) policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
• Provide advice, support and guidance to site IT infrastructure as well as manage assets, backup/restore operations, preventive maintenance and system protection.
• Provide technical leadership and act as mentor to junior staff. Delegate IT support tasks, provide training, advice and assistance when necessary and aid in personal development.
• Provide technical leadership in the effective use of internal data processing, automated office systems and data communications.
• Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates.
• Set up and maintain library and materials for end-users reference.
• 2 years of experience in network environments with Microsoft Azure Certification or 5 years of experience within a network environment as a team leader; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Working knowledge of Microsoft server, workstation and networking technologies.
• Working knowledge of industry standards with regards to system and network administration.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Project management exposure. #LI-Remote
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network