Site File Specialist (Homebased) - Iqvia Biotech
IQVIA Biotech is a unique division specialising in working with smaller biotech and emerging biopharma clients and as such we have a vibrant, fast-paced working environment. The sector we are in is cutting edge for therapies with un-met medical need.
Responsible for the quality and regulatory compliance of Investigator Site Files (ISF) during the file maintenance period of the study. Work with both internal and external teams to assure good communication regarding documentation processing. Assure documents maintained for a study are in compliance with International Congress on Harmonization-Good Clinical Practices (ICH-GCP), country regulatory requirements and procedures set forth by IQVIA Biotech and its clients.
A Regional File Maintenance Specialist II will work in conjunction with or under the supervision of a Lead and/or Manager Level. Site File Specialist may be assigned to support start-up projects, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs ad -hoc reviews of investigator study files for expired documents.
- Distribute and track protocol amendments and IRB/ethics approvals of the amendments, as required and regionally applicable.
- Communicates directly with the site, with the Site File Associates/Specialists, or local CRAs in various countries, to obtain corrections to incomplete/incorrect/expired documents. May tracks any action items to CRAs/sites in CTMS.
- Oversees the Site File Associate(s)
- Reviews eTMF reports on a regular basis to ensure all documents have been filed according to IQVIA Biotech SOPs.
- Ensure Periodic Site File Review are completed as per the IQVIA Biotech SOPs.
- May review documents received from sites, IRBs/ECs and CRAs to ensure compliance with GCP and IQVIA Biotech’s standard operating procedures from maintenance through close-out phase.
- In NA, supports the review of site specific ICFs as changes occur during the study. Completes ICF checklists and files IRB approved ICFs throughout the study. Maintains accurate and complete site specific ICF template tracking.
- Distributes reportable expedited safety reports and cross reports to sites, as needed, and tracks and files reports in appropriate system(s).
- Responsible to send updated documents (e.g. 1572, FDF) to client on a monthly basis as required.
- Responsible for review of the ongoing IRB/Ethic Committee (EC) documentation (i.e. IRB continuing review, Amendment approval) and update tracking system as necessary and as applicable to region.
- Follows the appropriate IQVIA Biotech and/or sponsor SOPs during conduct of the study.
- Ensures all project documentation is appropriately filed per IQVIA Biotech SOPs, or Sponsor SOPs as required.
- Supports internal, external and client audits of the Investigator Site Files
- Provides updates to manager on a regular basis and communicates any out of scope activities.
- Adheres to study timelines, document/escalate study challenges and communicates update to PM/ Manager.
- Attends Client meetings as needed & may act as regional lead, as applicable
- Supports in creating study specific template documents, per IQVIA Biotech SOP.
- For NA only, serves as IQVIA Biotech liaison with Central IRBs and completes IRB submissions.
- Participates in financial and/or resource forecasting, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good Knowledge of clinical research process and medical terminology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to express complex ideas to study personnel, internal and sponsor team members
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within various clinical trials
- Working knowledge of current ICH GCP guidelines and applicable regulations
- General understanding of audit preparation
- Ability to independently problem-solve and recommend solutions
- Ability to mentor junior level staff
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and work with a matrix team environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel is required.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network