Internal Medical Translator (KOR > ENG)
The Internal Translator is responsible for linguistically and culturally interpreting the written material in a way that maintains or duplicates the structure and style of the original text while keeping the ideas and facts of the original material accurate.
They possess fluency in two or more languages and skills that allow for them to research industry-specific terminology. The Internal Translator possesses a strong commitment to quality and accuracy and shows outstanding problem-solving skills when faced with difficult content and instruction.
They will build strong relationships with the IQVIA™ Translations Services team and will play a key role in the effectiveness and success of IQVIA™ Translations Services operations.
• Be a strategic partner in delivering translations on time and adhering to our quality commitments to clients
• Carefully adhere to provided material and instructions to meet the requirements of the clients
• Research industry-specific terminology to properly reflect the meaning and tone of the source content
• Cross-reference specialized glossaries and translation tools to check the quality of the translation
• Proofread translated texts for terminology, grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
• Work with the IQVIA™ Translations Services team to identify gaps in instructions or any external issue that may affect the commitment to the client.
• Work with the IQVIA™ Translations Services team to update or improve glossaries, Translation Memories, Style Guides and any other internal assets.
• Provide thorough and relevant feedback on the quality of the translation work performed by other linguists or strategic partners.
• Be the point of contact for IQVIA™ Translations Services to manage quality and on-time delivery related to feedback.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Native speaker in target language
• Excellent spoken and written skills in the target language
• Fluency in source language(s) – spoken and written
• At least 3 years of experience translating, reviewing and editing life sciences content including clinical trial documents.
• A tertiary or university degree in translation or linguistics and at least 3 years of translation experience OR no university degree and at least 5 years of translation experience
• Be able to work according to tight deadlines and independently is a must
• Experience with translation management systems and CAT tools is a must
• Experience with memoQ is desirable.
• Prior experience as a translator with a translation and localization company is desirable, yet not essential
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network