Principal, Commercial Solutions - West Coast
Principal Commercial Solutions – West Coast
At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions. Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing, and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment, and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We are seeking a Principal on the West Coast to work with the General Manager, BrandImpact, and Client Service Managers to manage efforts to achieve a multi-million dollar team revenue book of business within existing and potentially new accounts. This responsibility includes leading the sales effort for the portfolio of the Commercial Solutions offerings, introducing clients to new offerings, assisting the client service team in the delivery of the contracted deliverables, and ensuring a high degree of client satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed assigned account revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added solutions addressing client business needs and/or issues
- Oversee management of client relationships and contract requirements for all product offerings, including managing the delivery of accurate, insightful syndicated and/or analytic offerings
- Interpret, analyze, and add value to BrandImpact deliverables to ensure clients acknowledge, understand, and apply the key market insights inherent in the data – resulting in client upgrade opportunities and renewals
- Develop and execute account strategic and tactical plans that insure renewal of existing business and growth based on new product/service sales at existing and new accounts
- Assist in the final preparation, review, and delivery of client deliverables in collaboration with Client Service Managers and other key staff members
- Lead Client Service Manager(s) in executing final production and delivery of all product deliverables and maintain a level of excellence of customer service and satisfaction
- Strengthen existing client relationships and build expanded relationships with other client decision makers and influencers at assigned client and new target accounts
- Work with the internal BrandImpact team to identify and drive business unit strategies and objectives, including identifying areas of focus within the marketplace to further enhance and develop competitive product and service offering(s)
- Initiate and leverage customer and competitive intelligence to provide input into our product offerings’ ongoing definition, positioning, pricing, and distribution strategy
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional support teams within Commercial Solutions (such as Custom Analytics, Account Services and Custom Market Research) to plan, organize and deliver timely, accurate, client focused work
- Renew existing business and collaborating with Business Development, Market Research and Custom Analytics to expand business within existing clients
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of capabilities presentations to prospective clients and lead the data integration process for new clients
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and special projects from time to time to meet client expectations for product quality and value
- Help coach, develop, and manage assigned Client Service Managers assisting in preparing them for future career opportunities
- Proactively continue to strengthen personal and team marketplace knowledge through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred with at least 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, market research or healthcare consulting industry
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, including experience in oncology and general medicine therapy areas
- Demonstrated strength in business development skills
- Performance/results orientation
- Account management experience
- Sales, consultative sales, or consulting experience
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Appreciation for people/team opinions and encouragement of knowledge sharing
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure, managing complex relationships and juggling competing internal and external priorities
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network