Clinical Sales Specialist - S. San Francisco, CA- 2452931
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We are excited to announce that at this time we are looking for a Clinical Sales Specialist to join our team of over 10,000 global field representatives in several regions making over 20 million product details annually for our pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
Clinical Sales Specialist
This position will be responsible for establishing new business opportunities for QuantiFERON sales in the physician office market. The QuantiFERON Clinical Specialist is accountable for achieving the territory budget, new accounts and growing base business. The target segments include: primary care, pediatricians, rheumatologists, infectious disease, dermatologists, and other specialist physician in the Physician Office Market Segment. Other target segments include, congregated living, public health and government.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 2 years medical or pharmaceutical selling experience with a verifiable record of rankings, quota achievements and other success related expertise preferred.
- Prior experience calling on hospitals or clinicians preferred.
- Diagnostic experience preferred.
- Experience working in sales to close deals and gain commitment;
- Demonstrated sales skills by conducting product presentations, effectively handling objections and closing the sale.
- Ability to manage territory, leads and forecasts.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and www/internet.
- Knowledge of managing a CRM for customer and territory management
- Must be able to travel overnight for meetings and trainings (approximately 6-8 times per year).
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexibility to learn new products over time
- Knowledge of and experience with the selling process
- Initiative & execution-oriented
- Sell and support QIAGEN products in the assigned territory (Current focus is QuantiFERON sales to clinicians)
- Develop new business plans and forecast to reach sales objectives for territory.
- Work within set expense budget to achieve results.
- Technical liaison with customer base to ensure satisfaction with product and company.
- Routinely interact and collaborate with QuantiFERON hospital/ lab counterparts.
- Support key national lab partner initiatives and engage in co-marketing activities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to individuals and small groups.
- Provide QIAGEN management with concise, accurate and timely reports.
- Work effectively with co-marketing partners and independently to achieve territory and company goals.
Quintiles offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities.
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status.
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network