EU Business Development Specialist
IQVIA EU Business Development Specialist Job Spec:
Identify and engage with prospective emerging biopharma in collaboration with field-based business development counterparts and functional subject matter experts to drive overall business development activities and thereby contributing to new R&DS business wins. Responsibilities will include account research, lead identification, nurturing client relationships, and increasing efficiencies during prospective selling, bid defences, relationship mapping, and reporting.
For this position, we are seeking confident and aspirational individuals who want to become an integral part of the highly regarded business development team at IQVIA. This role serves as an excellent platform to enable high performers to pursue a successful career in sales at the industry leading Human Date Science Company.
This is a great opportunity for hybrid working in both a home-based and office environment alongside a young, friendly UK based team. IQVIA is a has been named to FORTUNE magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the fifth consecutive year and offers extensive benefits with competitive salary.
In This Role You Will:
- Identify, qualify, and execute against new sales leads by conducting primary research and pulling information from various resources. Conduct account analysis on both existing and prospective customers to support sales targeting.
- Conduct proactive multichannel customer outreach (email/phone/linkedin)
- Grow and develop multiple existing customer relationships throughout the early engagement process to cultivate actionable sales opportunities.
- Co-ordinate online and face to face meetings with field business development counterparts and functional and therapeutic sales leads
- Participate in strategy calls and bid defenses as needed.
- Communicate directly with sales management to clearly report ongoing sales performance, ongoing customer engagements, and internal/external customer related updates including pipeline activity, trigger events, and market changes.
- Provide key input and analysis for sales management to support opportunity assessment and lead prioritisation by generating reports from CRM, extracting data from 3rd party sales tools, and through primary research.
- Drive creative sales solutions for new potential customers; identify differentiators and create unique, tailored customer facing sales content.
- Gather and centralize experience data for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials
- Provide ongoing insights to sales colleagues including, market intelligence information, client specific news/updates, territory specific tigger events, and white space reports
- Maintain records in the required reporting systems (e.g. CRM) report daily activities and document customer updates.
- Maintain up to date sales/technical knowledge on IQVIA’s portfolio of solutions and up to date industry knowledge on disease areas, as required.
- Execute against incoming website, marketing, and advertising sales leads, tasks and assignments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or scientific related subject
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Demonstrable sales experience and/or knowledge
- Knowledge of Life Science or Pharma Market and drug development life cycle - preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure professional interactions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and integrate with various internal IQVIA departments.
- Proficient with MS office and systems related to sales automation and processing.
- Experience working towards and achieving sales targets.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to co-ordinate meetings with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills in prioritizing daily activities and responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to digest, interpret, and articulate complex information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work within team environment.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network