Business Development Director
Job Title: Business Development Director, IQVIA Contract Sales and Medical Solutions
Location: Home Based
Department: Sales, UK & Ireland
- CSMS is a pivotal part of the IQVIA business offering an extensive and industry leading range of innovative Contract Sales and Medial Solutions services
- As a core member of the CSMS Business Development team, manages the IQVIA CSMS relationship across a portfolio of UK Life Sciences companies
- Sets and drives the CSMS account strategy and coordinates closely with the wider account team to ensure alignment with the broader IQVIA strategy for the respective accounts
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Senior Stakeholders across allocated accounts, aligned with the ability to engage with new audiences when necessary
- The strength of relationships with Senior stakeholders will ensure the BD Director is included in strategic or critical business discussions, and able to clearly identify client needs
- Has thorough understanding of the competitive position and can link/connect different needs to secure contract renewals and drive new and innovative CSMS solutions.
- Must develop a good understanding of the broader IQVIA offerings and a strong internal network; and then lead the development of more innovative solutions, orchestrating multi-functional teams. Increasingly these engagements should be larger, more complex and longer term to underpin the relationship and value we bring to our clients.
- Is responsible for achievement of CSMS New Business, Renewal Business, Revenue and profitability targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- Ability to work with wider CSMS BD team, Operations and Marketing teams to provide feedback and insight as to how CSMS service offerings are continually evolved to meet the changing requirements in the market place
- A portfolio of circa 20 UK Life science accounts, including accounts in which CSMS have current live projects and accounts identified as having potential for successful CSMS engagement
- Set the account CSMS strategy considering IQVIA priorities and implement effectively
- Build long term relationship with key senior stakeholders
- Expand and deepen relationships within account and develop strategic alliances.
- Drive customer satisfaction
- Achieve Financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis (New Business, Renewal Business, revenue and profitability)
- Work with the wider IQVIA account teams building a community that will drive and increase the account opportunity pipeline by cross-fertilizing ideas,
- Leverage internal best practices to ultimately increase business opportunities
- Assess and anticipate business risks due to environmental changes impacting our relationship with the account such as the competitive setting, account product portfolio, strategy and R&D pipeline
- Orchestrate resources and break down obstacles to deliver innovative solutions and secure key renewals
- Position IQVIA as a strategic vendor in our primary solutions areas
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate caliber
- Previous successful experience of Life Sciences Business Development and/or Life Science Senior (commercial) Management experience.
- Proven track record of solution selling across a diverse portfolio of capabilities
- Strong sales and opportunity management skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification, proposal development, pitching, closing and contract negotiations)
- Ability to engage board level contacts, as well as develop a network of senior and middle management contacts to build long lasting trusted partnerships
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of both short term tactical opportunities and long term strategic engagements.
- Able to create and implement strategic and tactical customer plans
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector or evidence of successfully moving into a new market sector.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive, self-motivated and accountable with the aim to always drive positive client satisfaction
- Strategic thinker with a solution focus, combined with ability to execute tactically
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network