Associate Director Quality
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA™ Translation Services - Be a part of the journey
IQVIA™ invites you to join our new, specialised Life science Translation team, IQVIA™ Translation Services. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our ground-breaking start-up business, influencing processes and strategy from the outset and seeing the results of your input. You will be a part of a global team with exciting long-term career opportunities. So, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for analytics, process improvement and linguistics, this could be the role for you.
The Associate Director, Quality is responsible for leading quality initiatives within IQVIA Translation Services (ITS). They build and maintain strong relationships across all ITS teams as well as with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
The Associate Director, Quality should ensure the highest standard of quality by monitoring and measuring key performance indicators and report these to the leadership team.
The Associate Director, Quality should have excellent commercial and communication skills to be able to work in collaboration with all ITS teams and external stakeholders. They can act as main quality lead for major accounts within the IQVIA portfolio that require worldwide coordination and leadership.
The Associate Director, Quality will report to the Head of Operational Excellence who will define their job focus based on the requirements coming from the client and service portfolio.
- Lead quality initiatives under their remit and ensure they all meet their monthly and yearly goals and objectives
- Work to ISO 9001 and 17100 standards, amongst others, and ensure ITS remains complaint to the standards
- Represent ITS in strategic RFP processes, client meetings and escalations
- Oversee escalations/complaints to ensure investigations are complete and corrective actions are carried out
- Monitor corrective actions plans through to effectiveness checks
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal/external clients and manage any escalations or issues that may arise
- Comply with relevant and applicable IQVIA procedures
- Supports/Leads the development best in class processes and tools for RCA and CAPA.
- Supports/Leads the development and tracking of best in class Operational KPIs
- Supports/Leads the development of SOPs as needed.
- Supports/Leads the development of ITS training and onboarding program
- Supports/Leads the development/Improvement of ITS onboarding process for new language/services to ensure best in class quality.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Quality Lead in the Language Services industry with extensive experience of preparing and presenting RFPs
- Experience in closely collaborating with clients, including audit participation
- Experience in implementing/developing Quality Management Systems
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential, an additional language would be a strong asset
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage competing priorities and changing demands
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills including the collection, management and presentation of data
- Demonstration of very good IT skills
- Experience working with XTRF and/or memoQ as well as any TMS would be highly advantageous
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the hubs as well as with clients with demonstrated cultural and emotional intelligence
- Ability to foster personal and professional development of team members as well as contribute to succession planning when needed
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATIONAND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a linguistic, business or scientific field OR at least 7 years of experience in the translations and localization industry.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience leading translations/localization Quality and Compliance.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience leading translations/localization RFP process.
- Any demonstrable experience leading translations/localization production and delivery teams will be highly appreciated
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Available to travel to occasional business meetings across the world as per client and production and delivery demands
The aboveinformation on thisdescriptionhasbeendesignedtoindicatethegeneralnatureandlevelofworkperformed by employeeswithinthisclassification.Itisnotdesignedtocontainorbeinterpretedas a comprehensiveinventoryofallduties,responsibilitiesandqualificationsrequired ofemployeesassignedtothisjob.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network