Associate Director, Global Project Leadership / Early Clinical Development
IQVIA’s Associate Directors within Global Project Leadership specialise in one of our seven global therapeutic areas to manage and support the operational elements and execution of studies and/or programs. Understanding project strategy is key for you to be able to deliver quality results for policies and practices from pre-award to close out. In collaboration with study/program teams, you will leverage deep therapeutic expertise and IQVIA solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers.
You will take accountability for the strategic development and execution or delivery of clinical studies in line with agreed upon contracts while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery, ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with system updates, standard processes, policies and procedures.
This position requires in-depth project management skills and business understanding in order to independently make effective decisions and take action. It suits someone who enjoys working cross functionally, culturally and globally in a matrix organisation whilst inspiring collaboration.
· Serve as primary project oversight and/or contact with customers and own relationship with the project’s key contacts. Ensure the financial success of the project including optimal management and assignment of resources to achieve project goals and profitability
· Set objectives for the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance, providing feedback and leadership
· Lead bid defense presentations in collaboration with Business Development for large sized, multiple and full service, multiple country and/or multi regional studies
· Take accountability for proactive contingency plans to mitigate risks, identify changes in scope and manage change control process, communicates lessons learned and adopt corporate initiatives
· Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to bring milestones and revenue forward, implement appropriate actions to achieve
· Provide input to line managers on their project team members’ performance relative to project tasks. Support staff development. Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects to support their professional development
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field
• 6-8 years of prior experience, including substantial global project management experience
• Professional project management qualification (for example APM Chartered, PMP, Agile, Lean Six Sigma) is a strong advantage
• In depth project management skills and business understanding in order to independently make effective decisions and take action
• Proven track record of developing relationships cross functionally and within the Project Leadership community with differential trial phase experience (including phases I-IV)
• Requires broad management knowledge to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network