Associate Director, IT Product Owner
IQVIA is seeking an Associate Director who will own IT operations, project management, software development and enterprise application support in Enterprise Content Management and Knowledge Management (KM). The role will be responsible for the management of IT Delivery/Service in SharePoint, Viva, including product, process and/or people management, and serves as subject matter expert in the field. As the number of enterprise systems and processes are consolidated and new ones are built to increase cost efficiency, this role will act as a change agent who will liaise with the Business Unit representatives to understand their requirements and drive alignment of business with changing IT Systems, while providing required onshore user support. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership skills, an understanding of working with diverse teams, hands-on technical capabilities, a knack for effectively managing technology to meet business goals and the ability to manage a large workload, while producing quality work in a fast-pace environment with tight deadlines.
- Be a Thought Partner and engage with KM department representatives to understand needs and work with the IT development, support and migration team to provide the right technical solutions to address these needs.
- Act as a single point of contact onshore, to address queries (non Support) in SharePoint, Teams, Viva, and other O365 solutions; manage escalations and provide senior-level user support in application development, migration and administration of the KM infrastructure in O365 and large on-prem environments.
- Execute and manage activities and initiatives aligned with the KM roadmap and overall business objectives. Drive continuous improvement and innovations for operational efficiencies, cost optimization and/or improved quality.
- Participate and assist with the strategic planning for IT, both long and short-term, and its execution, that includes vendor negotiation, contract management, technology procurement, resource alignment, and making actionable recommendations.
- Define and track success metrics, partner across the organization to develop action plans to ensure SLA adherence and high stakeholder satisfaction.
- Manage programs with multiple teams and dependencies to ensure project is delivered within scope, schedule and time while meeting Enterprise Systems business objectives. Drive and provide guidance in requirements gathering, business cases (inc. financial impact) technical specifications, architectural design, development and support for application development team.
- Plan for ongoing resource and capacity requirements. Recruit, train and performance-manage the right talent into the team to build and sustain a high-performing team while fostering a culture of innovation, teamwork, quality and ownership.
- Work with legal, compliance and IT Security to define governance guidelines for Enterprise Systems and ensure that IT Content Management Systems are compliant with Corporate Policies and adhere to IT standards and procedures. Any issues identified in QA or customer audits are properly addressed.
- Stay current with emerging technical innovations and application development technologies and solutions in Content Management.
Qualifications- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline; MBA or advanced degree, preferred
- Agile certification
- 10+ years experience in software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building scalable systems and is a solution expert that finds the right technology to build a balanced solution against features, cost, and timelines for business requirements.
- Demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, driven, leader with excellent communication skills, influencing skills, and ability to collaborate across all levels within the organization.
- Strong people management experience as a hands-on leader with ability to select, train, develop, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Project leadership skills to manage multiple interdependent Agile/scrum teams and ensure a defect free delivery of projects within commitments, and with minimal supervision.
- Possesses strong problem solving skills and ability to think independently.
- Financially acute to input into or management of project and team budgets
- Ability to contribute to the IT Leadership team agenda
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network