Consultant - Portuguese affiliate of the UK Commercial Effectiveness team
IQVIA is looking for a Consultant to join the UK Commercial Effectiveness team
With approximately 65,000 employees in more than 100 countries, IQVIA is in a truly unique position to be able to support companies seeking to improve real-world patient outcomes and enhanced clinical trial outsourcing through treatment innovations, care provision and access. With a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings, IQVIA provide solutions that span clinical to commercial, bringing clients an exceptional opportunity to realize the full potential of innovations and advance healthcare outcomes.
Commercial Consulting (Commercial Effectiveness) is a key department in the UK Commercial Services team. This consulting team consists of 22 people in London, supported by 12 people in Bangalore, designing and delivering commercial effectiveness solutions, supported by our world-class proprietary data assets, to fuel the advancement of our UK-based pharmaceutical and healthcare clients. The Commercial Effectiveness team principally supports our clients in three main capability areas:
The Commercial Effectiveness team principally supports our clients in three main capability areas:
Commercial Effectiveness Consulting
Profiling, Segmentation & Targeting
Longitudinal Patient and Prescription dynamics tracking
Our consultants are central to delivering excellent analytical and change projects with our clients. They are responsible for owning and delivering work independently, taking accountability to ensure deliverables are of the highest quality, and that deadlines and budgets are met.
Depending on the nature of the project, this may involve leading projects, or leading defined streams of work within a larger programme.
We expect our consultants to be self-starting, supported by a group of Engagement Managers and Principals who provide industry-leading perspectives and innovative approaches.
We are seeking experienced consulting professionals who demonstrate a strong track record within health and life sciences consulting, and are looking to take their career to the next level; developing new solutions and services, supporting business development activity and delivering engagements to build lasting relationships across the industry.
- Work closely with our clients on a daily basis to understand challenges, requirements, and business issues
- Define proposals for potential solutions; liaising closely with senior colleagues across multiple organisational groups, to deliver complex, multifaceted solutions and engagements
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify client issues and develop client specific solutions for these issues
- Utilize experience of change management concepts to identify the impact of these solutions, and ensure they are championed and adopted within the clients’ teams
- Provide project management leadership to structure project approaches, react to changing timelines and requirements, and deliver on commitments to time and to budget
- Design and structure impactful reports, workshops and presentations that are tailored to the needs of the audience
- Proactively broaden knowledge of consulting methodologies and the health and life sciences industries through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
- Comply with all relevant IQVIA policies, processes and procedures, and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information held, processed or communicated by IQVIA, in line with those policies, processes and procedures
Education, skills and experience required
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree from a top-tier university in any numerate discipline, plus A-level mathematics
- Previous commercial consulting experience, ideally with health and/or life sciences project experience
- Demonstrated interest in health and life sciences industry sector, and willingness to build deep industry skill
- Strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills for influencing and advising
- Able to explain complex concepts and frameworks and place these in appropriate client situations and context
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) to a strong business standard
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network