Solution Architect (REMOTE)
IQVIA is seeking Solution Architect for our CIO M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) department. This position is opening due to growth and will need a Solution Architect to focus on IT integration projects work. This role will provide an opportunity to work on unique projects, designing solutions for a variety of challenges/tasks within clinical research and life sciences.
In this role you will impact the efficiencies in which businesses synergize through technology solutions. This results in providing an ideal opportunity for a self-starter with strong analytical and leadership skills, as a primary focus will be to maintain high technology standards across a vast tech portfolio throughout the company, while also maintaining a positive collaborative environment on a global team that provides the ability to work remotely within the EST.
- Play a key role in ensuring the success of the integration of merged and acquired concerns and their technology portfolios.
- Synergize IT and product architecture strategic direction and product concepts by partnering with business line management responsible for the acquisition
- Collaborate with product development management to define IT strategic direction and assist in the mapping of projects to that direction whilst ensuring product capabilities and process improvements are delivered over time within the framework of the IQVIA enterprise architecture.
- Identify risk, potential for long term technical debt, and incompatible technical architectures with existing product architecture strategies and the Enterprise standard.
- Understand acquired data assets and their potential for integration and leverage with and by existing IQVIA resources.
- Drive requirements gathering sessions with internal customers.
- Devise and present business cases to senior management with priority recommendations to integrate and evolve the product architecture.
- Provide support to M&A pre-close activities to standardize the process and share advise from technology and architecture standpoint during pre-close.
Requirements and Key Skills
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of supporting applications from an enterprise or solution architecture using technologies such as Java, Microsoft .Net Core, C#, C++, etc.
- 10+ years with application security and identifying areas of risk (penetration and vulnerability assessments).
- 10+ years of experience with Enterprise Database and Big Data Technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Cloudera, Hadoop, etc.
- 5+ years of deploying or supporting Enterprise Solutions in the Cloud (Azure, Amazon, Google – Certification would be a plus).
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with tools supporting DevOps CI/CD capabilities (i.e., Terraform, Jira, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Proficient and experienced with the creation of technical assessments and evaluating solutions from an end-to-end architecture.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network