Senior Principal, Medical Affairs
Senior Principal, Medical Affairs
As a Senior Principal you will serve in a leadership role within IQVIA’s Medical Affairs team by orchestrating cross-functional experts, peers, and junior team members to shape and operationalize complex projects as well as driving Medical Affairs engagements by working directly with clients to develop business opportunities, provide strategic input, and design innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies and value added services.
- Conceptualize large scale, multi-functional RWE/RWD solutions to Medical Affairs Customers and internal delivery teams.
- Has ultimate responsibility for project strategy, methodology design & approach, and ensuring the project is set up to deliver high levels of quality/added value.
- Act as primary owner of client initiatives including early engagement discussions, development of budgets and proposals for new opportunities, facilitating ongoing client discussions, and contracting of newly awarded work.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing, delivering and educating clients with insightful, value-added solutions that address complex medical strategy specific client issues.
- Takes lead role in proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients.
- Develops client-centric solutions, designing both strategic and methodological approaches to ensure that IQVIA secures client projects
- Identifies issues of importance to the industry/clients specifically around Medical Affairs and works with Practice Leaders and/or Geographic Principals to develop tangible and offerings.
- Leads cross organization effort to identify opportunities to pull through client engagement from Medical Strategy, Thought Leadership, Registries, Evidence Generation, Medical and Patient Communication, Field Medical teams, KPI tracking, product call centers, publication planning, and HEOR/RWE research.
- Work with Business Development Account Team and cross organization to pro-actively develop and shape new business opportunities, securing medical affairs projects from life sciences clients across the full IQVIA portfolio.
- Continuously learn and gain knowledge about industry trends, innovations in drug development, product lifecycle management, and advances in RWE and technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business, their interaction, and the impact of external/internal influences on decision making and growth.
- Manage complex relationships and juggle priorities.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- Contribute to team building including interviewing, mentoring and training juniors and activities to motivate and retain staff and share subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world class solutions for clients
Desired Experience & Specialized Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree highly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience within medical affairs or related within the pharmaceutical, healthcare consulting or related industry.
- Experience across a range of clinical and commercial domains in a variety of therapeutic areas, with strong scientific and analytic acumen.
- Strong client engagement, strategic thinking, and consultative skill set.
- Strong leadership, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools, and techniques is desirable.
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network