Principal, Medical Affairs Strategy (Remote)
Principal, Medical Affairs Strategy
IQVIA’s Medical Affairs Strategy Team encourages a dynamic culture that values diversity of thought with the belief that this will lead to superior client solutions as well as exceptional professional development. As a Principal, you will have the opportunity to directly address the most pressing strategic needs of our Medical Affairs clients. Together, we will influence how the medical voice shapes drug development and commercialization across therapy areas.
This leadership role provides the opportunity to grow your innovation, delivery and sales skillsets. We do not shy away from uncomfortable conversations – this is where growth hides, both for ourselves and our clients. Partnering with clients to anticipate their needs and create innovative offerings that will directly improve patient outcomes is an essential function. You will also collaborate with internal teams to respond to incoming RFPs and have responsibility for escalation of change control during project delivery. Sample potential projects include: evidence generation strategy, medical patient journey, retrospective or prospective study design and execution, thought leadership network identification and more.
- Primary owner of client engagements with responsibility for project strategy, methodology design & approach, and ensuring the project delivers high levels of quality/added value.
- Partners with Engagement Mangers to manage client interface and ensure the project team achieves efficient and effective project delivery.
- Serves as a medical affairs and solutions-based expert, internally and externally, by applying consultative problem-solving skills.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing, delivering and educating clients with insightful, value-added solutions that address complex medical strategy specific client issues.
- Seeks out and identifies new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients – ensures a continuous flow of business from client engagements.
- Takes lead role in proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients.
- Identifies issues of importance to the industry/clients specifically around Medical Affairs and works with Practice Leaders and/or Geographic Principals to develop tangible and offerings.
- Leads cross organization effort to identify opportunities to expand the medical affairs strategy project to follow up work with HEOR and commercial.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- Proactively continues to strengthen medical and therapeutic subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world class solutions for clients.
Desired Experience & Specialized Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree highly preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience within medical affairs or related area within the pharmaceutical, healthcare consulting or related industry.
- In depth understanding of healthcare data, specifically RWD (medical and pharmacy claims) and its use in analytics.
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Possesses exemplary business development skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business including revenue expectations, their interaction, and the impact of external/internal influences on decision making and growth.
- Strong leadership, client engagement, strategic thinking, and consultative skill set and the ability to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Works effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Some travel may be required (25%).
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network