Practice Leader - Healthcare Technology Services
This role is charged with ensuring the profitable, high-quality delivery of professional services solutions. The Practice Leader is accountable for the accurate forecasting and staffing of delivery personnel to ensure proper bandwidth exists to deliver quality solutions. This position directly manages a team of delivery personnel and is responsible for their growth and development as contributors to the organization.
The Practice Leader is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the team and ensuring departmental objectives and customer needs are met. Departmental management responsibilities include maintaining a world-class team focused on technical excellence, quality control, profitability, and high customer satisfaction. In addition to outward facing responsibilities, this role will also require a high level of attention to the team members, to ensure the proper training and work/life balance is maintained. In addition, the Practice Leader is expected to lead in the identification of additional areas of opportunity to enable growth in healthcare offerings.
Measures Of Success Include
• GM management and achievement of GM$/% budget
• Utilization rates
• Customer Satisfaction
• Employee Pulse Score (Satisfaction)
• Maximization of employee resources and strategic partners
• Develops the overall short- and long-term Healthcare Services strategies in collaboration with the healthcare offering and business segment (payer, provider, risk) leaders
• Works closely with Account Executives and Sales Engineering on key opportunities and delivery of solutions provided by the practice.
• Optimizes IQVIA’s healthcare services offerings by first evaluating and strengthening current offerings and secondly, supporting portfolio and offer management in the PS readiness of new offers.
• Establishes standards for SOW, pricing and GM to ensure consistent and profitable practices; implements processes for measuring and capturing change orders.
• Maximizes the efficiency and cost effectiveness Professional Services department by analyzing time data and utilization rates, identifying anomalies and critical areas, then utilize the information in future planning, budgeting and to make any required adjustments.
• Works in close coordination with accounting team on revenue performance and to provide operational reporting and metrics, build budget, and other reporting and measurement requirements.
• Evaluates organization’s current talent (competencies), and based on the gap analysis, develops a resource/staffing plan to remediate, strengthen and position Professional Services for aggressive growth in conjunction with key management.
• Ensures that employee training and certifications are meeting or exceeding industry standards by formalizing and tracking development planning.
• Establishes partnerships with top tier third party resources to establish loyalty, responsiveness, favorable pricing and exceptional service delivery to our customers.
• Creates client satisfaction feedback mechanisms to ensure customer satisfaction and identify potential opportunities to provide additional service offerings.
• Oversees Recruiting activities and performance; responsible for Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) for the department.
• Establishes and manages departmental metrics of profitability and growth along with specific GM$ and % target
• Owns responsibility for maintaining quality in deployments working with product owners, product engineering, client success and Project Management organization
• Maintains consistent documentation across teams and departments
• Ensures highest level of customer satisfaction
• Anticipates issues before they surface and tackles the problem by pulling in practice leads to the discussion
• Engages in customer escalation calls to resolve issues
• Works with Project Managers to ensure all projects have defined, accurate, and up to date resource plans and tracks progress against plans
• Ensures employees are maintaining a proper work/life balance
• Ensures proper training is provided to ensure high quality deployments
• Maintains an open, cross training environment throughout the delivery teams
• Works with the Account Executive and Sales Engineering teams to ensure solutions are scoped and estimated correctly to minimize any delivery issues
• Participates in Design Reviews and Deal Reviews
Additional Specific Duties And Responsibilities
• Harmonizes and standardizes practices
• Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises team members, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Manages the Project Portfolio to ensure the backlog is appropriately prioritized and resources are allocated effectively
• Collaborates with leadership on overall planning and makes recommendations on priorities and capacity
• Collaborates with key business stakeholders to ensure success with strategic customers
• Monitors performance metrics, measures, and Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Collaborates with the Sales and Engineering teams to ensure solutions are scoped and estimated accurately
• Oversees the assessment of current project delivery tools, templates, and processes to ensure consistent process
• Communicates and manages project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a professional services environment
• At least 10 years of experience managing services delivery teams or projects
• At least 7 years of healthcare experience working with healthcare providers or payers, or focused on those segments in a technology or consulting company
• At ease operating in a dynamic, fast growing business, able to be self-sufficient with a can-do attitude and ready to make yourself accountable
• Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment with limited data
• Demonstrated leadership skills, with direct responsibility for managing and developing leaders; demonstrated history of delivering high quality results as manager of managers
• Demonstrated capability to establish meaningful relationships with customers, hold customers accountable, manage customer expectations and escalations effectively
• Demonstrated ability to maintain relationships and alignment with other internal teams and stakeholders, especially Sales and Customer Success
• Excellent demonstrated leadership and management skills with the ability to assign and monitor work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to drive continuous improvement within the department
• Excellent ability to lead a team toward departmental objectives and vision
• Financial acumen to understand reporting and drive attainment of financial goals
• Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure and maintain a can-do positive approach
• Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as conflict management, facilitation, and negotiation
• Ability to foster and build relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization
• Experience with managing budgets and forecasting
• Strong presentations skills, with the ability to tailor information to the audience in a way that establishes rapport, influences others and gains understanding at all levels
• Comfortable traveling for work as needed
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network