Associate Director, Proposal Writing
The Global Deal Desk is a central mechanism that delivers core Deal Management, Deal Strategy and Pricing and RFP Execution and activities to deals of all sizes, across business units and across the broader Commercial portfolio. The Global Deal Desk team coordinates with the regional GTM teams, IQVIA support teams, and in future – the customer, to ensure that deals drive customers' expected business outcomes, fit IQVIA’s long-term strategy, and can be operationalized.
We seek a highly motivated Associate Director of Proposal Writing who can provide overall strategic guidance to the proposal process and contribute to generating business value and being part of the solution.
- The Associate Director of Proposal Writing is responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing the timely development and delivery of high-quality responses to IQVIA business opportunities, from pre-RFP to post-submission activities.
- The ideal candidate can see the big picture without overlooking the details and can quickly adjust to dynamic proposal development schedules and requirements.
- The Associate Director of Proposal Writing has a deep understanding of the end-to-end Sales process
- Due to the nature of the role, the selected candidate will need to have the capacity to work flexibly outside of normal business hours during the active proposal phase
- Development of compliant, competitive, and compelling proposals through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, corporate stakeholders, and supporting vendors.
- Own the overall strategy of high priority opportunities. Play a key role in ensuring that the strategy is well-defined by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposals (RFPs), attending necessary meetings
- Develop winning proposals, with impactful text, accurate scope, and a winning strategy
- Understand customer expectations and perspectives to enable the development of clear and meaningful proposals that resonate
- Provide support and assistance to other Proposal Writers and Developers in the delivery of assigned opportunities
- Collaborate with and support Proposal Writers and Developers to ensure proposal text is strategic; ensure overall cohesion and consistent messaging when incorporating input from various SMEs into master document; apply experience and best practices in proposal development, ensure timely submission of proposals
- Understand IQVIA capabilities and offerings, competitors, market dynamics and utilize those sources of information to write proposals. Stay abreast of all new products and competitive trends. Understand persuasive language and what makes proposals compelling.
- Participate in strategy calls to discuss customer requirements and identify discrepancies in customer information
- Work with stakeholders to integrate win strategy and themes into proposals.
- Work on the production, binding, and packaging in finalizing the proposal submission and response processes.
- Support development and refinement of templates, and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Support the implementation and development of a global Contract Lifecycle Management system.
- Conduct proposal reviews by performing rigorous quality assurance checks on draft and final documents; ensure the high-quality content and appearance of final proposal deliverables.
- Conduct activities required to successfully perform reviews and debrief to authors, including lessons learned and retrospectives and implement actions to improve process efficiency
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Proposal Writing, ideally supporting complex deals that includes integration of technology (SaaS) products
- Excellent leadership, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ideally, experience managing and developing proposals greater than $5M in total value (multi-product, multi-market/region)
- Proven ability to analyze RFP requirements, and synthesize information to support development of win themes and value propositions
- Experience developing proposals with emerging technologies (AI, cognitive automation, connected intelligence, Big Data, etc.) would be beneficial
- A skilled interviewer: able to liaise with subject matter experts to gather data to support the proposal writing process
- Extensive Proposal Writing and reviewing experience and proven ability to write concise and compelling proposal sections, including executive summaries, corporate qualifications, management plans and other proposal sections.
- Detail oriented, ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced matrix team-based environment.
- Ability to create and develop proposal sections, including information research and synthesis from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product.
- Possess strong analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analysis/integration skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or communications field, or equivalent professional experience.
- High proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- APMP certification would be beneficial, although not essential
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network