Key Account Manager - Orlando/Atlanta/Philadelphia
The Manager, Health System Key Account Manager (KAM),is responsible for managing all aspects of Health Systems (IDN) accounts under the direction of the Client Lead. This includes developing contracts to optimize member access, creating and following a strategic sales plan from the clients, and building strong relationships within their targeted accounts and clients. The IDN“s, Hospital Groups, IDN Pharmacies, Infusion Centers, and Medicare Part A & B channels require special attention to gain full access to these markets.
This individual manages major account relationships calling on Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) and major hospitals to expand revenue and pull-though sales opportunities within assigned accounts. The Manager may work with client’s product simultaneously addressing contracting requirements and educating key stake holders on product(s) attributes. This individual may also work to identify, contract with, or educate targeted local Integrated Delivery Networks, individual hospitals and other appropriate key stakeholders. The Manager works with Client Marketing to develop programs designed to achieve formulary access and sales goals and is occasionally required to assist other internal IQVIA reimbursement divisions (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DoD)to support client objectives.
- Execute the effective launch of new drugs in IDN accounts, GPOs, by introducing product to accounts with the goal to gain formulary inclusion and/or member access and pull-through for the best interest of the client
- Execute a launch plan for hospital products with IDNs and key hospitals.
- Develop, build and strong relationships and maintain open lines of communication with all key Accounts.
- Collect competitor information, marketplace trends, and relevant client information to report to management.
- Communicate frequently to internal staff, including Client or NAM liaison and when necessary the Client’s Management Team.
- Participate in National and Regional Sales Meeting for the Clients.
- Complete client reports in a timely manner.
- Develop, initiate, conduct contract negotiations with Accounts to attain positive formulary placement and/or member access for Client’s product.
- Manage and maintain existing contracts.
- Represent the Client organization at priority IDN Associations (e.g., ASCP and AMDA)
- Perform all company business in compliance and accordance with all state and federal regulations, and within Company policy and Procedures
- Demonstrates thoroughness with all work related activities. Strives to continually improve quality and productivity results on an ongoing basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of IDN purchasing processes
- Understanding of hospital formulary and purchasing processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives
- Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Extensive experience in the hospital system marketplace and working with Executive Management in hospital systems.
- Broad, in-depth understanding of the market access, Diagnostic Related Group (DRG), hospital reimbursement, institutional sales environment and institutional health care laws governing the sector.
- Must be able to secure credentialing to access relevant customers and accounts in territory
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Duties may require compliance with client or third-party requirements that all those performing services on the client site or at other third-party facilities are fully vaccinated. All U.S. employees and contractors are required to complete a short form in Workday providing their COVID-19 vaccination status and proof of vaccination, if applicable. Note - IQVIA complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations for religious, medical or other legally protected reasons.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years’ relevant Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Capital Equipment Sales, Marketing, Account Management or Operations is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Key Account Management experience required
- 2 years’ experience in IDN; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is preferred.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network