Senior Editor, Medical Communications
Our Medical and Patient Communications team is a full-service Medical Communications agency, with bases across Europe and the USA. Supporting our clients from Phase II onwards, we provide highly impactful communications programmes to engage healthcare professionals, payers and patients, which harness the power of IQVIA’s healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The Medical and Patient Communications group are expanding and we are looking to grow our highly experienced team of Editors with the addition of a Senior Editor.
- Edit and proofread copy for a range of educational and promotional items – including printed materials, slide presentations, and digital media projects – to agreed style/specification, checking content, clarity, accuracy, consistency, syntax and grammar.
- Manage the progression of assigned projects from signed-off copy to print stage, keeping team informed of project status, and attending status/priority meetings as required.
- Liaise with creative designers to develop appropriate design options for all materials.
- Mark up approved copy/draw up page plans for typesetting. Set up editorial/production job bags, ensuring all relevant information is included, and liaise with typesetters to ensure that medical information is clearly conveyed in text, tables and figures.
- Check all proof stages from initial layouts to printers' proofs, liaising with typesetters at each stage, incorporating client/author corrections as required, and liaising with relevant internal/external stakeholders to ensure full input and approval of copy.
- Assist in estimating editorial hours for budgets as required. Assist in the development and implementation of production schedules, and deliver assigned projects and tasks in accordance with budgeted hours and agreed deadlines.
- Develop effective working relationships with suppliers, including web developers and translation agencies, as required.
- Assist in maintaining overall quality control (QC) in Editorial Department, helping to ensure that all print items are QC checked, and monitor published items to ensure they are of the highest quality for agreed specification and budget.
- Assist in training, supervising and reviewing the work of junior team-members, as required.
- Assist in monitoring departmental procedures/processes to ensure team operates at maximum efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Life science preferred, but not essential)
- Established experience in an Editorial or Senior Editor or relevant experience in a medical communications or publishing environment (required).
- equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong computer skills, including MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet and reference management programs.
- Familiarity with publication planning databases an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrable editorial experience across a wide range of accounts, including publication planning programmes, symposium and exhibition materials, new business proposals and promotional materials, for a range of audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of the medical communications industry.
- Ability to monitor team outputs, ensuring all edited materials meet client marketing objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent copy-editing and proofing skills, to a standard appropriate for QC sign-off.
- Proficiency in layout-checking/copy-fitting, to a standard appropriate for QC sign-off.
- Full understanding of current print/production procedures and timelines.
- Ability to review the work of colleagues and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, and ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work to tight timelines, and to organize/motivate colleagues to meet team deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers.
- Commercial focus/financial awareness, and ability to provide accurate hours estimates.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network