Enterprise Data Architect-- Healthcare Payer
IQVIA Healthcare Informatics supports healthcare payers and providers in addressing complex business challenges though Connected Solutions leveraging data, analytics and technology. We are looking for a Provider Data Architect with deep healthcare experience to architect, develop and deliver modern data platforms for our Provider clients on the cloud and assisting them with migrating legacy data assets to the cloud. The Provider Data Architect will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop an interoperable healthcare data model, define architecture of our internal healthcare innovation platform, and provide technical guidance over new data solutions. We need a versatile resource willing to get hands-on in multiple roles based on the needs of our largest clients and oversee junior resources both from IQVIA and our clients. This client facing leader will engage with client executives to help establish their data strategies and enterprise architecture teams in definition of data architecture, and support development teams involved in building the solutions and operations teams who must keep those solutions running.
In this role you will:
- Lead data strategy and road map exercises, data architecture definition, business intelligence / data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
- Work with our clients to help define their Cloud data strategy and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting-edge data solutions to provide valuable insights.
- Play key roles in large projects. Senior Data Modeler. Technical Lead. Data Architect. -- you may work solely in development, performing analysis through exploration of data, helping architect and design a cloud solution, or serve as a lead for a development team.
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of data hub, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, data mappings, event topics, API data models, BI semantic models, etc.
- Reviews database architectures and designs to ensure data integrity and quality, performance, management, scalability, etc.
- Designs, develops, and deploys back-end systems to support operational and analytical reporting
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to proactively develop data solutions to bring to market to support the needs of our healthcare clients.
You are the right candidate if you have:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions and integrations
- Experience in the health care industry, preferably from provider and payer perspective
- Experienced in Healthcare Data Formats (Clinical, EMR, Claims, X12, HL7, 837 I,d,p, 835, 270, 271 etc.)
- Expert knowledge of various healthcare industry data models and adapting those models to meet needs of client
- Proficiency in modern data architectures including Data Lakes, Data Hubs, Big Data Engineering, ETL / Data Integration, Data Streams/Event Driven Architecture, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics on various platforms and technology stacks – RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph - On-Prem, Hybrid and Cloud (Azure)
- Hands-on experience developing data services with Microsoft Azure cloud solutions (primarily related to Azure Synapse, ADLS and ADF) and migrating data from on-prem databases to cloud
- Working knowledge of data modeling tools (e.g. ERWIN) and data modeling principles for data warehousing (3NF/star/snowflake)
- Experience with FHIR/HL7 and familiarity with Interoperability
- Understanding of healthcare application ecosystem (i.e. Claims Processing, EHR)
- Understanding of healthcare security (i.e. HIPAA, HITECH)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel as required to support client engagements (after COVID travel restrictions have lifted)
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network