EBP Business Development Consultant
Emerging Biopharma (EBP) Business Development Consultant
The EBP Business Development (BD) Consultant will manage the day-to-day needs of the EBP team for proposal development and submission for key strategic deals. The role will include creation of foundational internal briefing and select proposal content, setting and tracking of proposal plans and timelines, soliciting input from relevant team resources, and helping to strategize around our right to win.
The Business Development Consultant will also enable the team by documenting progression of BD opportunities and execution of programs, such as management of internal SharePoint, updating CRM (Salesforce), driving contracting, reporting of project / program financials, and memorializing best practices.
- Assist with the review and analysis of client requirements or problems requiring support, including RFPs
- Coordinate the development of proposals and client solutions; includes developing documentation to use when briefing internal stakeholders on the opportunity, clearly communicating timelines, deadlines, and expectations of internal stakeholders, driving team understanding of the high-level market landscape by leveraging internal resources and available research
- Develop proposal storyboard and PowerPoint / Word shell to support internal stakeholders in content development; select proposal content that brings together CoE (Center of Excellence)-specific content and clearly delineating IQVIA differentiators
- Project manage the proposal process to ensure proposals are submitted with high quality and on-time with deliverable-focused milestones and relevant senior reviewers as applicable
- Aid Principals in bringing together a diverse set of stakeholders to discuss RFP responses and arrange regular core team check-ins; send meeting notes recapping meeting discussion and documented action items
- Coordinate logistics with internal and external stakeholders for proposal presentations and check-ins
- Identify potential contract risks and issues that may have an adverse effect on IQVIA, and communicate concerns to appropriate IQVIA representatives
- Monitor client contract status and movement of contract from creation to execution; this includes updating systems (CRM, Team SharePoint including RFP dashboard)
- Create standards such as proposal templates to ensure unified IQVIA messaging to client
- Facilitate and document lessons learned that will help drive best practices to drive optimal win-rate on large, complex, EBP deals
- Implement new contract / proposal processes, as appropriate, and memorialize these new processes for dissemination across the wider IQVIA organization
- BA or BS in business or life sciences (or equivalent experience)
- 4 years in the pharmaceutical or CRO industry preferred with minimum of 2 years of proposal development related experience (or equivalent) also preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication, and organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity / desire for learning
- Proven ability to work independently Experience and comfort in a high volume, fast paced environment is essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage up
- Identifies as results driven / goal oriented individual
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network