Associate Medical Director, Publications
IQVIA are looking for an Associate Medical Director with an expertise in scientific publications to lead the development of forward-thinking publication plans and execution of high-quality global publication projects. As a member of the Medical and Patient Communications team, you will be responsible for leading and reviewing the work of medical writers and serving as the scientific lead in communications with client, authors, and the larger IQVIA team. As a publications expert, you will ensure that our conduct is in accordance with GPP3, ICMJE, and IQVIA, client, and other industry guidelines. Thanks to our unique position within IQVIA, a leading provider of services to the healthcare and life sciences industry, our publications offerings extend well beyond those of a traditional medical communications group. You will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams with our colleagues specializing in medical affairs and real world insights to develop new solutions to help move healthcare forward.
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in a scientific discipline, plus extensive experience in medical writing, review, and medical direction within a medical communications agency environment. Experience with both clinical and real-world data and in multiple therapeutic areas is required. CMPP certification is preferred. We value proactive thinkers who have the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to elevate our publications offering and create innovative communications solutions.
- Providing strategic direction on a variety of accounts, including large multi-faceted publication plans and individual publications
- Directing the development of high quality publications and materials to meet the needs of a variety of target audiences.
- Ensuring that our publications activities are in compliance with industry guidelines and publication requirements.
- Leading meetings with relevant stakeholders, presenting scientific/clinical concepts and facilitating discussions as required. Taking an active role in the development and facilitation of author calls, workshops and expert advisory meetings.
- Cultivating strong, long-term relationships with internal and external clients and key decision-makers and assisting them to achieve their goals through high quality medical communications solutions.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the IQVIA organization, including those in the clinical, commercialization, and real world research organizations to develop innovative solutions
- Serving as scientific/clinical expert, in the development and delivery of proposals/pitches, with a particular focus on specialist service areas and communications solutions
- Working closely with account teams to lead on project specifications, cost estimates, proactive planning, and problem solving
- Acting as an ambassador for IQVIA by participating in relevant industry forums, contributing to thought leadership activities, and establishing a reputation and network within the wider medical communications industry.
Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrable therapy area expertise
- Knowledge of medical communications business objectives, services and operating procedures
- Ability to provide direction to medical writing team and monitor outputs, ensuring quality, compliance, appropriateness and profitability
- Familiarity with research tools and approaches, such as reference management/publication planning databases
- Proven ability to coach and train team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers
- An advanced scientific or health care degree, senior-level medical writing experience as well as medical strategy and direction experience in a medical communications agency, or equivalent combination of education, training and ex0perience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network