This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. For more information about Privacy Analytics, please visit us athttps://privacy-analytics.com
Located downtown in the heart of the National Capital Region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of software products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals’ identities are protected.
Our Java- and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology and is a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. We’re also developing proprietary Machine Learning and AI based-solutions for Natural Language Processing in the area of Clinical Trials data anonymization. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations.
This role is for a new product built on a modern architecture using micro-services, Springboot, Angular, Node.js, etc.
In this role you will:
- Develop an industry-leading product using Java
- Work in a rapidly changing product environment where creativity is a must
- Challenge and improve our product and processes via design and development tasks
- Develop new features in our products
- Be responsible for researching, and identifying solutions to resolve systems issues
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Work with management to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Follow an Agile development approach
To do this you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years relevant Java work experience
- Excellent research skills. Candidates must be able to retrieve and synthesize information from many resources and pull all relevant information together into a comprehensive deliverable.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile or continuous delivery development environment.
- Spring/Springboot experience (nice to have)
- Micro-services and Docker/Kubernetes knowledge Cloud software development experience(nice to have)
- Skills at defining, estimating, planning, and managing features.
- Leadership qualities including the ability to engage, motivate, incorporate ideas and give effective design feedback
- Ability to communicate design ideas and prototypes, even when they are conceptual
- Utmost professionalism and respect paid to users and your team
Office Address: Laurier Ave W #200, Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6, Canada.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network